zack

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Its not a complete ripoff.

There are periods of like
20 seconds in a song
that sound like it could be straight off of a Radiohead song, and then it changes. I don't see why people get so uptight about it; tons of bands do it.

Seriously, who put sand in your cereal and pissed in your people's vaginas?

Really? I bet I could do that with Kelly Clarkson songs and radiohead if I really went at it. Especially from a strict theory point of view.

• Members

Its not a complete ripoff.

There are periods of like 20 seconds in a song that sound like it could be straight off of a Radiohead song, and then it changes. I don't see why people get so uptight about it; tons of bands do it.

Seriously, who put sand in your cereal and pissed in your people's vaginas?

It's just a really superficial comparison, especially with anything Radiohead has done since OK Computer. I've even seen music critics do it, it's very lazy journalism and I have to question if they've actually heard an album by either band. It's like saying Bloodbath rips off Opeth because they have the same singer, even though it's completely different styles of metal.

• Members

It's just a really superficial comparison, especially with anything Radiohead has done since OK Computer. I've even seen music critics do it, it's very lazy journalism and I have to question if they've actually heard an album by either band. It's like saying Bloodbath rips off Opeth because they have the same singer, even though it's completely different styles of metal.

Its a simple observation. There are very few completely original bands out there, and naturally a person will be able to find content in a song that sounds similar to a song in the past. I'm saying that the content in Muse songs sounds similar to Radiohead songs to me. If a person thinks that ANY band is completely original these days, they need to back off that band's cock and take a deep breath.

• Members

Its a simple observation. There are very few completely original bands out there, and naturally a person will be able to find content in a song that sounds similar to a song in the past. I'm saying that the content in Muse songs sounds similar to Radiohead songs to me. If a person thinks that ANY band is completely original these days, they need to back off that band's cock and take a deep breath.

Nobody is arguing their 100% originality.

However, saying "the content in muse songs sounds similar to radiohead songs" is just :facepalm:

If "the content" is exclusive to the vocals, then I'd give you that, but in terms of the actual musical nature of both bands, you'd have to be a retard to say that one derives from the other to the point where you'd make a direct comparison.

No offense :o

If you own the whole radiohead discography and can't tell that with all the pedals greenwood has, he still sounds nothing like Bellamy playing style wise...:facepalm:

• Members

I don't think they suck but I get tired of listening to them. They seem to have exactly one songwriting mode.

:lol:

I actually stopped listening a long time ago.

This thread has made me remember what I loved about them though, but I just can't get my head around the new stuff. It's like a whole different band.

Haven't heard the latest album yet though.

• Members

Everyone seems split right down the middle on MUSE. While they are one of my favorite bands (screen name as proof), I find myself not as attached to their new stuff as I do their first three albums.

While each of the last couple albums have songs that I find my self enjoying (MK Ultra, Undisclosed Desires, United States of Eurasia, Knights of Cydonia, Assassin, Starlight), I also find my self not really caring for most (Invincible, Guiding Light, Supermassive Blackhole, Exogenesis parts I,II, and III). I have also yet to hear a new track from them that captures everything that got me into the band in the first place (Hearing New Born in a french slasher flick called High Tension back in 2003).

In my opinion, Origin of Symmetry ranks up there as one of the greatest modern rock albums. I've talked to people who base their hate off of the few tracks that have made in into modern pop culture (Supermassive Blackhole in that {censored}fest of a "Vampire" movie, Twilight). I introduce them to OOS and they absolutely love it.

To each his own I guess. It's stupid to get all up in arms about someone's opinion. In my opinion, MUSE is an amazing band. They put on the best lives I have seen in my life, and that's all the proof I need.

• Members

Everyone seems split right down the middle on MUSE. While they are one of my favorite bands (screen name as proof), I find myself not as attached to their new stuff as I do their first three albums.

While each of the last couple albums have songs that I find my self enjoying (MK Ultra, Undisclosed Desires, United States of Eurasia, Knights of Cydonia, Assassin, Starlight), I also find my self not really caring for most (Invincible, Guiding Light, Supermassive Blackhole, Exogenesis parts I,II, and III). I have also yet to hear a new track from them that captures everything that got me into the band in the first place (Hearing New Born in a french slasher flick called High Tension back in 2003).

In my opinion, Origin of Symmetry ranks up there as one of the greatest modern rock albums. I've talked to people who base their hate off of the few tracks that have made in into modern pop culture (Supermassive Blackhole in that {censored}fest of a "Vampire" movie, Twilight). I introduce them to OOS and they absolutely love it.

To each his own I guess. It's stupid to get all up in arms about someone's opinion. In my opinion, MUSE is an amazing band. They put on the best lives I have seen in my life, and that's all the proof I need.

I pretty much feel the same way.

I doubt that most people have actually heard most of those songs from OOS I posted earlier on.

• Members

Very nice post.

I feel quite similar. Origin of Symmetry, along with Showbiz, are {censored}ing ace.

I like the newer stuff, but I just can't get into it as much as I can get into their first two records.

• Members

What is it with Muse? To their fans, everything they do is "amazing zomg best band evarrr." To me they're a pretty solid brit-rock band very much in line with Radiohead's more commercial endeavors that doesn't exactly disappoint but doesn't blow me away. They're one of a number of bands on this forum that people seem to go absolutely ape-{censored} over that I just don't get... I don't think they're terrible by a long stretch but I don't get the love.

Eh.

Archived