OT: Ken Block's STi on Top Gear = Winnnzorz

mcr23

• Members
That was {censored}ing awesome. Did the srt-4 thing for awhile, WRX is next on the list down the road.

I suggest you get the STi :thu:

the new EVO is a ton of fun to drive but the Subie has a much stronger trannie/drive train

• Members
No doubt. I was surprised it was only 380 HP but that is likely 380 WHP and not BHP, which is a commmpletely different thing
:love:

probably 380 at the crank. rally rules have a lot of restrictions, and they're building on a motor that only puts out 170hp without boost.

• Members
probably 380 at the crank. rally rules have a lot of restrictions, and they're building on a motor that only puts out 170hp without boost.

So you're saying that my 308HP engine only has 170 without the turbo? It only boosts at 14.7 psi :confused:

• Members
So you're saying that my 308HP engine only has 170 without the turbo? It only boosts at 14.7 psi
:confused:

my 143hp 4-banger can push 300 with 12 pounds of boost... if only i had the $5k to spend on the turbo kit :facepalm:

i think all the WRC cars are now restricted to 2.0L displacement. their '08 car only had 300hp, but almost 500lb/ft of torque, which is much more important in rally than HP. speeds aren't super high, but there's a lot of slow corner exits and hills.

• Members
my 143hp 4-banger can push 300 with 12 pounds of boost... if only i had the $5k to spend on the turbo kit
:facepalm:

i think all the WRC cars are now restricted to 2.0L displacement. their '08 car only had 300hp, but almost 500lb/ft of torque, which is much more important in rally than HP. speeds aren't super high, but there's a lot of slow corner exits and hills.

the STi is a 2.5 :confused: I guess they have to use a different engine

Archived