Clip I did a little while back

spawnofthesith

• Members

I made this clip a few weeks ago. It is not the ENGL unfortunately (no good recording equipment to do it justice :cry: ) it is all VST amps (8505) and impulses. Drums are addictive drums demo, but I have no idea how to create my own beat, so its just the "hard rock beat" looped.

It is just a short clip of a song I am working on (I know, I know I suck) so any criticism/ compliment to that is welcome

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=859638&songID=8092996

• Members

Are there different drum kits or different bass drums to choose from with the Addictive Drums? Maybe a different beater or bass drum would work out pretty well.

Regarding the 8505 VST, sounds good, especially considering it's free. :cool: I have the Revalver HP I like but also had downloaded the 8505 and the SLO type vst but hadn't tried them out yet.

• Members

On the free demo, it is just the one, but you still have a massive slew of equalization options, and attack and decay and all that stuff to edit. Yeah the 8505 is really impressive. It sounds almost as good as my ENGL with impulses does.

Also, I don't have an interface, I am straight from the guitar into the soundcard, so if the tone does sound bad at all, that is probably a big factor

• Members

I think that the main problem with the drums is that the kicks are unbelievably fast. There aren't really too many human drummers that could pull off that kind of speed. They also sound really muffled.

But first, I'd go through and take out most the the double bass - it's just a bit excessive, and doesn't really add and thump to the music. Maybe try it at half the speed that it is now. After the kick work is figured out, try adding some "click" to give it definition.

Archived