Changing the grille on a Triple XXX

mahon451

• Members

So, I got a Peavey Triple XXX a little while back, and I dig it. A lot. That crunch channel rules. However, and I'm sure many of you have the same quandry, the cosmetics are not so loveable. I don't know who thought the truckflap/naked lady motif was a good idea, but it {censored}ing wasn't.

Anyway, I'm looking to change that front grille out for something a little less cheezy. Do they make replacement grilles for this thing? I'm sure enough people have complained about this to neccesitate a market for such a thing, so come on wit' it.

Anyone?

• Members

There have been zillions of mods. I have a few dozen pix on my HD of different XXX. Grilles, diamond tread plate, plexi glass, nothing, etc. I should up load them to photo bucket sometime.

I bought a diamond plate replacement on ebay, ready to go. It was $30-40 which is good, the piece of aluminum from the hardware store is about that. I asked for it painted silver, not polished. It fit perfect, just needs a logo.

• Members

There have been zillions of mods. I have a few dozen pix on my HD of different XXX. Grilles, diamond tread plate, plexi glass, nothing, etc. I should up load them to photo bucket sometime.

I bought a diamond plate replacement on ebay, ready to go. It was $30-40
which is good, the piece of aluminum from the hardware store is about that. I asked for it painted silver, not polished. It fit perfect, just needs a logo.

I got mine from someplace online and it was $15 cut with shipping it was maybe $25 at most.

Archived