Another GC fail,....Maybe???

xfactor27

• Members

Mornin' all!!!

Thought I'd share this experience with Ya and see what kind of comments spring out and advice.

Long story made short....I recently picked up an Egnater Rebel 20w head at the local GC. was excited and plugged into my cab at home. Volume and tone were GREAT... Not jizzing in my pants but, was very pleased with the purchase ( I had a budget to stick too, and this fit right in). Anyhow ,flash forward a week, turn the bugger on to jam a little before work and all the low punch/tightness has turned to "flub". I suspected a bad pre-tube and took off the back cover to change it out and what did I find....Here's the fail...

3 Sovtek 12ax7 wa pre-amp tubes and both sets of the power tubes were JJ's!!!! WTF they list on the GC website description as to be loaded with premium GT tubes throughout...

Goin back tomorrow to raise a stink and see what can be worked out , because I feel I got less than what was advertised. Right!!?? Just for people wondering, this was new in a box.

With any luck, I'll report back tomorrow with either a good story of how they did right by one of their repeat customers, or send out some huge FAILS across the internet....

Thanx for the long read,everyone.... Only my luck!!! LOL!!!!

DJ

• Members

Tell me how they are better...not being critical....just wanting to know the details.
And give me a good argument for keeping those which is what I'll tell them. I'm more pissed about the damn Cheapo Sovteks...
Not only sound, tone performance, but this is a money thing too.... Groove tubes are about double in price from what I ACTUALLY received for the money I spent and what was expected per the advertised description.
DJ

• Members

If they come up with that line of bull****, I'll show them the post directly from the Egnater forum website where several people were commenting on that exact fact that they had recieved their heads with the same line-up of cheaper tubes. Plus I'll tell them to pull another one from the back storrage.
DJ

• Members

Yeah, Ya know ....this may be My fail....I was just on the Egnater official website and was reading through their description of the amp head features and specs and THEY list as it being shipped with that line-up of tubes.
F***, thought I had something here. Comes down to the corporate side of things...as usual!!!! Not any individuals stores fault. Bait and switch my friends. Still a great build on the head though I gotta say. Will maybe have to suck it up and get some "real" premium Pre tubes. Dougs gonna get a call.
DJ

• Members
Yeah, Ya know ....this may be My fail....I was just on the Egnater official website and was reading through their description of the amp head features and specs and THEY list as it being shipped with that line-up of tubes.

F***, thought I had something here. Comes down to the corporate side of things...as usual!!!! Not any individuals stores fault. Bait and switch my friends. Still a great build on the head though I gotta say. Will maybe have to suck it up and get some "real" premium Pre tubes. Dougs gonna get a call.

DJ

You said the volume and tone were GREAT. So pick up some pre tubes and replace them already. No need to change the power tubes.

{censored}, If I wrote what you wrote, I would have gotten FLAMED...:cop:

• Members
You said the volume and tone were GREAT. So pick up some pre tubes and replace them already. No need to change the power tubes.

{censored}, If I wrote what you wrote, I would have gotten FLAMED...
:cop:

I was gonna give him some {censored} till I saw it wasnt you!! Nah. OP fail:facepalm:

Archived