Machida?!!!

Justin Thyme

• Members

I thought it should of been unanimous for Shogun, not the other way around.

I was trying to make a point that there is no way in hell that 3 judges can all vote for Machida when clearly he lost....I can see maybe one judge, but come on how can 3 judge it that way?

Machida didn't clearly lose. I had it as a draw.

• Members

I can see why so many people thought Shogun won...Rogan was hugging his sack all night long. Everytime Shogun landed a body kick Rogan would get all excited but would fail to mention the left hand that Machida kept landing almost every time Shogun landed the right body kick. I thought Machida won rds 1-3 and was winning rd 4 until that knee to the body had Machida moving away and not engaging. Machida was sure he had the fight won so he avoided most of rd 5 and pretty much gave it to Shogun on agression. To take someones belt you have to WIN not land a few body kicks. Machida landed more punches to the head than Shogun BY FAR. Hell in one of the rds Machida landed a left right that send Shogun hard into the cage yet all I heard from Rogan was the kick that landed for Shogun right before he ate the L/R. The fight was close but Rogans commentary wasn't...

• Members

I thought it should of been unanimous for Shogun, not the other way around.

I was trying to make a point that there is no way in hell that 3 judges can all vote for Machida when clearly he lost....I can see maybe one judge, but come on how can 3 judge it that way?

If you can see how one judge can score it as a win for Machida, you can obviously see how the fight can be scored in Machida's favor.

• Members

Who had more strikes that landed? I had Shogun on that one.

Who had octagon control? Again I had Shogun being the aggressor.

There really wasn't grappling involved so can't judge that, although Cecil mentioned that Machida stuffed a couple takedowns so not sure if they scored that also.

Although the fight was somewhat close Shogun should have won on those two counts alone. And yea Rogan's one sided but seemed like last two rounds Machida couldn't move around as much due to leg strikes and Shogun was def the aggressor.

But again how can all 3 judges score the same? (being the fight was somewhat close)

You should see the reaction of other MMA fighters and they're the experts.

• Members

Who had more strikes that landed? I had Shogun on that one.

Who had octagon control? Again I had Shogun being the aggressor.

There really wasn't grappling involved so can't judge that, although Cecil mentioned that Machida stuffed a couple takedowns so not sure if they scored that also.

Although the fight was somewhat close Shogun should have won on those two counts alone. And yea Rogan's one sided but seemed like last two rounds Machida couldn't move around as much due to leg strikes and Shogun was def the aggressor.

But again how can all 3 judges score the same? (being the fight was somewhat close)

You should see the reaction of other MMA fighters and they're the experts.

You're missing my point. I think Shogun won the fight.

Archived