OT: Weight lifters & trainers...question

Eschatologist

• Members

Its partially true. You can make it focus its fat burning more in a certain area by stimulating the muscles first, but it doesn't completely localize it.

So if you have problems in the gut, do situp exercises before cardio. Its not like a 90/10 split, but it has been shown to make the fat burning properties of your cells work more efficiently by being "turned on" before hand.

That being said, getting rid of fat itself is 80% diet, 20% stimulation.

• Members

Its partially true. You can make it focus its fat burning more in a certain area by stimulating the muscles first, but it doesn't completely localize it.

So if you have problems in the gut, do situp exercises before cardio. Its not like a 90/10 split, but it has been shown to make the fat burning properties of your cells work more efficiently by being "turned on" before hand.

That being said, getting rid of fat itself is 80% diet, 20% stimulation.

Total bull{censored}.

You cannot target areas of fat to lose. FACT.

Your body stores its fat reserves where it wants to, its genetic.

And if you want to lose fat you have to burn it off and your body will decide where it comes from, its genetic.

• Members

Did you read what I said, or are you implying that I said you can lose fat on one spot? Your muscles are your fat burning furnaces and many studies have shown that stimulation before cardio has minimal benefits. Minimal yes, thats why I said partially true.

• Members
Did you read what I said, or are you implying that I said you can lose fat on one spot? Your muscles are your fat burning furnaces and many studies have shown that stimulation before cardio has minimal benefits. Minimal yes, thats why I said partially true.

I did read what you said, and I just did again.

Its still bull{censored}, its not true at all. :cop::wave:

• Members

The energy needs of stimulated muscles vs non stimulated are well documented. Their preferred food is fat cells, and while you cant lose fat from one area, stimulating certain areas will increase said areas energy needs, and therefore consumption of fat cells, if not only minimally.

• Members

You cannot get rid of fat cells wherever they are. Once a cell has become a fat storage cell, it will always be one. If you are a "disgusting fat body", the only thing you can do is diet to the point where the fat cells empty out. With exercise, you can build muscle to "hide" the empty fat cells. This is why when some people stop training , they revert back to a "disgusting fat body" rather quickly. This is also why most powerlifters don't look as ripped as Body Builders, but can manage a lot of weight. To be able to Power lift, you need a lot of calories. Unfortunately, by doing so, you do make a lot of fat storing cells.

But, don't worry about all that. Eat right, exercise, try not to do anything stupid and you will be fine.

Of course picking out decent amps................

• Members

Eat what you want, sleep til noon, what's not to like???

I trained 23 years ago, but after several life threating injuries/surgeries, i just want to be able to ambulate 20 to 30 years from now with my own bodyparts.:cop::poke::idea:

Boomer-itis is what doctors call baby-boomers that blow out thier joints & ligaments in the pursuit of physical perfection.:facepalm:

Archived