Wintersun is the best band on earth

mparsons

• Members
as solid all the way through as the wintersun CD.

Give me a {censored}ing break! They only have a single album out, and that single album has only two good songs out of eight - those repeating the same kind of old stuff what Ensiferum already had released a few times. Ensiferum's self-titled was epic, Iron and Victory Songs decent but self-repeating. Wintersun brings nothing new and exciting.

And why the {censored} is their second album delayed all the time? Could it be lack of inspiration?

Wintersun Jr.... Sheesh. :facepalm:

• Members

Wintersun > Children of Bodom

If COB would have stopped making albums after Follow The Reaper I would have disagreed. ...But collectively, COB is pretty bad. I stopped caring about checking out their albums since Are You Dead Yet?. What an overhyped piece of crap album that was.

Alexi's best production at the moment is going on with his Kyl

• Members
Give me a {censored}ing break! They only have a single album out, and that single album has only two good songs out of eight - those repeating the same kind of old stuff what Ensiferum already had released a few times. Ensiferum's self-titled was epic, Iron and Victory Songs decent but self-repeating. Wintersun brings nothing new and exciting.

And why the {censored} is their second album delayed all the time? Could it be lack of inspiration?

Wintersun Jr.... Sheesh.
:facepalm:

Two good songs out of 8? Are you crazy? Every song on the Wintersun CD is a masterpiece. As far as new and exciting... What music precedes Wintersun that is similar and/or better? Ensiferum is good, don't get me wrong, but all the great things about Ensiferum are present in Wintersun, and Wintersun has a {censored}load of qualities that Ensiferum doesn't share.

Arsis > Wintersun > Children of bodom > Norther > Ensiferum

As kick ass as Arsis is (jesus {censored} that sentence is hard to say), they lack a) the melody, b) the variety, and c) the sheer quality of Wintersun. Arsis's strongest point, technicality, is even matched by Wintersun. Wintersun simply does it in a far more musical fashion.

• Members

Wintersun Jr.... Sheesh.

To the other guy, no one is disrespecting Ensiferum, they're {censored}ing awesome and an amazing group...

And to the above, yeah the self titled is epic (my favorite), Iron was good too but still nowhere in the league of the wintersun CD. It had everything that made Ensiferum great, except more solos, blast beats, chaotic melody lines, faster songs, did I mention more solos :poke:

Victory songs and the other cd without Jari i don't care about yet, those are obviously way behind the first 2 CD's..

The 2nd album is delayed because he's DIY recording it, and they've been having tons of technical problems, I think all the drums and stuff have been done for a year, it's just the orchestration stuff that put them behind.

Without jari you wouldn't even have Ensiferum's awesome music, he just made a better version of it by himself =P

• Members
What music precedes Wintersun that is similar and/or better?

Well... Let see... Ensiferum, COB, Norther, Turisas, Amon amarth, Catamenia, Nocte Obducta, Moonsorrow, Dissection, Falkenbach, Omnium Gatherum, Finntroll, Skyforger, XIV Dark Centuries... to name a few. :facepalm:

You know, Wintersun isn't the first and only end-all epic melodic folk death whatever metal band out there. Their album is not bad but it's definitely not worth all the hype or something that wouldn't become boring after few listens.

• Members
Well... Let see... Ensiferum, COB, Norther, Turisas, Amon amarth, Catamenia, Nocte Obducta, Moonsorrow, Dissection, Falkenbach, Omnium Gatherum, Finntroll, Skyforger, XIV Dark Centuries... to name a few.

You know, Wintersun isn't the first and only end-all epic melodic folk death whatever metal band out there. Their album is not bad but it's definitely not worth all the hype or something that wouldn't become boring after few listens.

{censored} you Wintersun is way better than any of those bands

Archived