I love NADs

Guiary

• Members

Low is safe, in this context. (Underbiasing means biasing "too hot", and overbiasing means biasing "too cold", so I don't want to confuse the terminology for anyone reading this.) So biasing in the 70mV region (for how my bias test points work on the 100W models) won't hurt the amp. It might start sounding too clanky at some point, and then when biased even colder it'll start sounding harsh and weak for output, but the amp and the tubes won't be damaged by biasing on the cold side. I've biased 6550 in that range (35 per tube) and it's sounded fine. Some prefer a bit of a colder bias to keep the sound more "modern", as long as it's not too much.

Well it looks like I'm going to try a little lower and use 80mV as my starting off point.

Thanks for the suggestions James!

• Members

I had the pleasure of hearing this rig yesterday VERY {censored}ING POWERFUL ,I found the Hydra had this fuller girthy punch to it and the chimera a straight grinding crunch ,i cant over state how well these 2 amps compliment each other ,I think ill head on up there now and rub my balls on them seeing I hold the key to these heads home lol.Job well done James ,and dont worry I can still be heard lol ;)

Archived