ManOwar

Cold Gin

• Members

If you can get past the gay image, they are not that bad actually, if you already like power/heavy metal. Eric Adams is an amazing singer...one of the best in metal and their former guitarist, Ross the Boss, is awesome too. I know gay image and ridiculous lyrics but they do have some great songs, including Hail and Kill, Heart of Steel, Blood of my Enemies etc. I'm officially out of the closet. :facepalm:

• Members

People in the US don't get Manowar, we're all brain washed on commercial radio. Manowar does more than play music, it's entertainment. In person they are super cool, in public at shows they put on an act. Kinda reminds me of WWF. Their studio is less than an hour away from me and I've been there many times. Their gear and stage production is amazing, light years beyond many other big bands. The whole loincloth things hasn't happened in years yet people still mention it every time they talk about them. They are doing very well as a band and have been kicking ass for many years while other bands have come and gone. May not be everyone's cup of tea, but they are still big outside the USA. I think they're setting up for some heavy touring next year.

Jerry

• Members

People in the US don't get Manowar, we're all brain washed on commercial radio. Manowar does more than play music, it's entertainment. In person they are super cool, in public at shows they put on an act. Kinda reminds me of WWF.
Their studio is less than an hour away from me and I've been there many times
. Their gear and stage production is amazing, light years beyond many other big bands. The whole loincloth things hasn't happened in years yet people still mention it every time they talk about them. They are doing very well as a band and have been kicking ass for many years while other bands have come and gone. May not be everyone's cup of tea, but they are still big outside the USA. I think they're setting up for some heavy touring next year.

Jerry

That's awesome dude. :thu: I've seen them three times and talked with Joey DeMaio once for 15 minutes or so backstage, the guy was super cool, it was obvious that they really do care about their fans. I don't think there's a better live band out there than Manowar. They just KILL in each and every show. People who call them cheese metal and stuff forget they are all very serious and talented musicians, nothing cheesy about that.

I hear they are huge elsewhere, especially in Europe which is no surprise since power/heavy metal has always been more popular there.

• Members

You're gay only if you stick your cock in another man's rectum (or accept a cock in your rectum).

I will agree that their image is somewhat homoerotic though.

Same thing with 80's Judas Priest and some other bands as well.

So other orifices are OK? Just want to be sure.

• Members

hell yeah they rule. i can get over the antics just cause the songs they put out are pretty {censored}ing awesome.

and i agree with it being a show, almost like alice copper just with loin cloths :lol:

[YOUTUBE]zAl5Ugr07TI[/YOUTUBE]

video is :idk: but the music :rawk:

• Members

Manowar make me laugh, at elast Gwar is a schtick and you know it going into it, Manowar doesnt even look like a schtick, it looks like Spinal Tap gone bad. As for Halford being gay, really who gives a {censored}, it doesnt change his legacy or his talent one bit.

Archived