Buying an Xbox

satannica

• Members

i havnt encounterd a game that didnt look better on the ps3... i dont play games every day though... i just think microsoft is giving it to thier fanboys hard and i dont understand why they take it

Congrats.

To the OP, you'll have years of fun with that box. I have so far.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I dont understand why some of you think Sony is trying to fleece everyone.

The original Model PS3 which had all of the bells and whistles, could play 3 generations of games, had a card reader, 4x usb, built in wireless, and blu ray. Yes it cost like $600, but it makes a decent amount of sense that the top of the line hardware box costs the most.

The 360 elite at launch was like $100 less than the PS3, but the blu-ray player easily accounts for the $100 difference in price. Standalone blu-ray players that were not as good as the ps3 were like $1200 then.

I'm the biggest PS fanboy there is, and I didn't buy one at launch because the cost to benefit ratio didn't make sense. It didn't take a genius to figure that out either. My good buddy john did buy the 60gig model and launch and has since upgraded it with a 500gig drive (which sony supports) and hasn't had any issues on par with the 360 RROD problems.

Both systems have sweet ass games.

• Members

I dont understand why some of you think Sony is trying to fleece everyone.

The original Model PS3 which had all of the bells and whistles, could play 3 generations of games, had a card reader, 4x usb, built in wireless, and blu ray. Yes it cost like $600, but it makes a decent amount of sense that the top of the line hardware box costs the most.

The 360 elite at launch was like $100 less than the PS3, but the blu-ray player easily accounts for the $100 difference in price. Standalone blu-ray players that were not as good as the ps3 were like $1200 then.

I'm the biggest PS fanboy there is, and I didn't buy one at launch because the cost to benefit ratio didn't make sense. It didn't take a genius to figure that out either. My good buddy john did buy the 60gig model and launch and has since upgraded it with a 500gig drive (which sony supports) and hasn't had any issues on par with the 360 RROD problems.

Both systems have sweet ass games.

I agree with this.

I probably wouldn't have had a PS3 from launch (I have the 60gb model) if I wasn't involved in dodgy bidnizz :cop:

However, all I was saying is that XBL is an overrated service in terms of what it basically is and that people who rave about it like the second coming are just dumb or ignorant to the experiences that people have been enjoying for over a decade for free on other platforms.

Unfortunately, people got so asshurt over the comment that this is now a PS3 vs 360 thread.

• Moderators

Unfortunately, people got so asshurt over the comment that this is now a PS3 vs 360 thread.

Yup, 100% of the time a console thread is made a few select asshole PS3 fans have to douche up the thread, so you are correct. We do not need another 360 VS PS3 thread. Great work, guys!

Archived