Buying an Xbox

satannica

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Dude have you even been in a party on Xbox Live, or invited friends to games? Xbox Live is fully integrated with standards for EVERY GAME. With PSN your experience is going to differ from game to game considering Sony makes the developers handle all the online stuff. EVERY game on the 360 has online functionality, even the small arcade games that came out 3 years ago. Xbox Live just has a bigger and more thriving community compared to the other services. You should really use the features to their full extent before saying you dont get it. When you buy an 360 game you know you are going to have custom soundtrack, you know you are going to have achievments, you know there are going to be leaderboards. With PSN you never know what you are going to get with any given game. You know that whatever you or your friends ar doing on there console you can get in a party and game with them with the click of a button. PSN is a cluster{censored}.
PSN = Solid State, XBL = Tube
:cool:

PSN is no-frills, but cheap and reliable, and XBL is expensive and requires more from you? :lol:

Unfortunately, if you don't care about any of those features they are exactly the same, except one costs money.

• Members
PSN is no-frills, but cheap and reliable, and XBL is expensive and requires more from you?
:lol:

Unfortunately, if you don't care about any of those features they are exactly the same, except one costs money.

My point is that to the untrained listener (gamer) they both seem the same, but anybody who knows anything about anything knows that tubes (XBL) are better.

• Members

My point is that to the untrained listener (gamer) they both seem the same, but anybody who knows anything about anything knows that tubes (XBL) are better.

I got the point, but I don't think in this case it's about being "untrained." It's about personal preference.

For example: When I bought my monitor I had a choice between the T240HD and the T240. The only difference is that the HD included a TV tuner and speakers, but cost $30 more. I had no use for the speakers or tuner, so I saved $30 and got the exact same monitor sans useless (to me) features.

I'll concede that XBL has more features, but to me (and others), they are useless features, thereby making PSN just as good/better because it offers the same thing (online play) for free.

• Members

I got the point, but I don't think in this case it's about being "untrained." It's about personal preference.

For example: When I bought my monitor I had a choice between the T240HD and the T240. The only difference is that the HD included a TV tuner and speakers, but cost $30 more. I had no use for the speakers or tuner, so I saved $30 and got the exact same monitor sans useless (to me) features.

I'll concede that XBL has more features, but to me (and others), they are useless features, thereby making PSN just as good/better because it offers the same thing (online play) for free.

Kind of like having to pay extra money for Blu-Ray even though everybody doesnt need it?

• Members

Holy {censored}ing {censored} :lol:

So this is what happens when someone makes a negative comment about XBOX Live :lol:

What's even more funny, is that I'm the one who gets called a fanboy:facepalm:

:oh, and zehn, you're a stupid mother{censored}ing idiot :wave:

How the hell can I be a PS fanboy when I've spent most of the past month playing the new games I bought for my xbox :confused:

All I'm saying is that XBL is seriously overrated and pales in comparison to the online gaming that I've had for free on the pc for over ten years.

If that's too much for you guys vaginas to handle, then get the hell off of the internet :wave:

• Members
They do need it........because the games are made on blu-ray discs sooooo.............what were you talking about again:confused:

So video games need Blu-Ray :confused:

Thats strange considering PC games are made on DVD and look and run better than anything else.

Sony fooled consumers into beleiving they were getting a superior console with 4-D graphics when in actuallity they were trying to standardize Blu-Ray for their own future profits. Sony pulled the biggest hoax in gaming history and the sad/funny thing is people still dont realize it 3 years later. :lol:

PS3 fans = Dumbest consumers in history

• Members

So video games need Blu-Ray
:confused:

Thats strange considering PC games are made on DVD and look and run better than anything else.

Sony fooled consumers into beleiving they were getting a superior console with 4-D graphics when in actuallity they were trying to standardize Blu-Ray for their own future profits. Sony pulled the biggest hoax in gaming history and the sad/funny thing is people still dont realize it 3 years later.

PS3 fans = Dumbest consumers in history

Kinda like how xbots get tricked into thinking that paying 50 smackers more than anyone else on any other platform, yearly, to do less than everyone else can do on pc for free and pretty much the same things that gamers actually want to do (play games online and communicate with team mates) for free on PSN is the greatest thing on earth.

It really isn't.

• Members

Kinda like how xbots get tricked into thinking that paying 50 smackers more than anyone else on any other platform, yearly, to do less than everyone else can do on pc for free and pretty much the same things that gamers actually want to do (play games online and communicate with team mates) for free on PSN is the greatest thing on earth.

It really isn't.

PC gaming is ghey. I dont need the alphabet on my controller.

• Members
Holy {censored}ing {censored}

So this is what happens when someone makes a negative comment about XBOX Live

What's even more funny, is that I'm the one who gets called a fanboy:facepalm:

:oh, and zehn, you're a stupid mother{censored}ing idiot
:wave:

How the hell can I be a PS fanboy when I've spent most of the past month playing the new games I bought for my xbox
:confused:

All I'm saying is that XBL is seriously overrated and pales in comparison to the online gaming that I've had for free on the pc for over ten years.

If that's too much for you guys vaginas to handle, then get the hell off of the internet
:wave:

The point is its always PS3 fanboys in xbox threads, this happened on another forum. Why do you feel the need to look in here if you don't own an xbox?

You'll find that quite a few online PC games are starting to charge a monthly subscription now they know people will pay thanks to some other popular releases. WoW and EVE online two prime examples.

And when you say you can still chat with your friends on PSN, are you including the

• Members

The point is its always PS3 fanboys in xbox threads, this happened on another forum. Why do you feel the need to look in here if you don't own an xbox?

You'll find that quite a few online PC games are starting to charge a monthly subscription now they know people will pay thanks to some other popular releases. WoW and EVE online two prime examples.

And when you say you can still chat with your friends on PSN, are you including the

• Members

It makes me mad that a company like Sony can pull the {censored} they did and still have people that purchase their {censored} and defend them. Thats about it.

Thats the exact same way I feel about MS. The only difference is that I actually had the leasebox and defended it here on these forums.

• Members

Thats the exact same way I feel about MS. The only difference is that I actually had the leasebox and defended it here on these forums.

The only difference is that MS admitted they had a problem, apologized for it, and did what they could to rectify the situation...like a man would do. Still waiting for Sony to man up and admit the PS3 doesnt have 4-D graphics and the PS3 is just a vessel to make Blu-Ray standardized.

Archived