Type O Appreciation Thread :rawk:

mike moriarty

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

One of my top favorite bands.

Honestly I thought their new album was a huge disappointment.

Actually my favorite album from their newer stuff is Life is Killing Me. I can actually listen to that whole album through which is rare for me for any band. I think that was when he was doing boatloads of crack and before he became a born again.

• Members
great song! I was going to post that, but live its a bit iffy.

truth.

But i could only find live version on the Tube right now.

Sadly, on some more recent live stuff, Pete's voice has been hit n' miss. Hopefully he hasn't done permanent damage to his voice. The world would be a lesser, {censored}tier place without his unique vocals.

I only got to catch them live once thus far, despite being a big fan for years (the timing is always bad for me, financially...rotten luck on my part). but when I did see them...helluva show! Was at L'Amours in Brooklyn, Halloween night of '03. I was so close, I could rest my arms on the stage. Pete tore his bass strings off at the end of the set barehanded :eek:

I have 2 of them. :thu:

• Members
LOL!

Here's a little Type O Trivia for you:

90% of their drums on the records are done on a kurzweil k2500...Johnny's first record that he played drums entirely for was Dead again...Type O's last record. It's nothing against his drumming, that's just how they've done it since Bloody Kisses.

I asked Johnny about recording the drums in 2000 and he looked like he was kicked in the nuts when he said they were programmed :cry:
I felt really bad that day :cry::(

Dont follow them much now but was a huge fan in the day

• Members
Y'know whats tough though.....finding more bands in a similar style as Type-O.

i mean, I don't expect to find ones as great as (though that would be a pleasant surprise), but even in the same vein is tricky. A largely untapped style of music.

A couple of somewhat similar bands that come to mind are Bronx Casket Co. (D.D. Verni of Overkills' brainchild!
:thu:
), and this little known Slovokian band called Frown (
www.myspace.com/frownband
).

Anybody else got some like minded bands to contribute I know myself, and I'm certain at least a couple others in this thread would love to know.

Some of the most amazing music I have ever heard

[YOUTUBE]AscL6r52iyA[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]YnzffMMiZSI[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]W-6sklEm2Yo[/YOUTUBE]

• 3 months later...
  • Members

Old thread is old.

Anyway...saw em live on halloween night in about '95 opening for Danzig:thu:.

Irvine Amphitheater,it was a cool show...Rob Zombie came out on Danzig's encore and sang "Am I demon" with Danzig and proceeded to chuck all the jackolanterns off the stage into the pit.:cop:

If I'm not mistaken Chuck Biscuits was drumming for them after he had just quit Danzig...before he went to Social D.

Archived