Too Much - with music

bee3

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Very, very nice.

I really like "wrought with raw emotion." (Sorry OGP.)

LCK

I think it's a great line as a written line, but it just doesn't work that well when sung.

Given that we are discussing an aural medium, I think it's important that the sounds communicate the meaning without the written word being available to the listener.

• Members

I think it's a great line as a written line, but it just doesn't work that well when sung.

Given that we are discussing an aural medium, I think it's important that the sounds communicate the meaning without the written word being available to the listener.

I agree.

Yet sometimes a line is so good, screw the listener (meaning don't change it). Let him figure it out what's being sung on his own, or let him get a copy of the lyric online or something.

LCK

• Members

I agree.

Yet sometimes a line is so good, screw the listener (meaning don't change it). Let him figure it out what's being sung on his own, or let him get a copy of the lyric online or something.

LCK

That was pretty much Nirvana's theory. Except they didn't need a great line to apply it.

• Members

Ed says, "sure thing man. Just tell me where and when."

'

What part are you hearing sax solo on? I was thinking second half of the solo section... so guitar goes around 2 times, then sax 2 times.

• Members

I actually like the earlier version more. Gets too thick now.

BTW, I don't know how you'd think you might regret this. I'd consider this as is one of the best songs/productions in my catalog.

Well, I was kind of rushing through it last night just to get it done (never a good idea). I bounced it down and didn't even listen to it... Usually I like to give it the ol' drive around the block treatment.

• Members

Well, I was kind of rushing through it last night just to get it done (never a good idea). I bounced it down and didn't even listen to it... Usually I like to give it the ol' drive around the block treatment.

I hear you. I tend to drive mine around the block, take it to the movies, go out for a latenight snack, screw around in the backseat... and then finally I might be a third of the way through.

• Members

Absolutely love this dude!

Just a production thing.... once again it feels like the drums are kinda getting away from you.... im starting to wonder if you have your buffer set too high and its causing latency.... everything just feels a little out with the drums...im sure its not you

cool cool song man

• Members

Just a production thing.... once again it feels like the drums are kinda getting away from you.... im starting to wonder if you have your buffer set too high and its causing latency.... everything just feels a little out with the drums...im sure its not you

cool cool song man

Hmmm... what should my buffer be set at? I'm listening now just isolating each instrument against the drums to try and find the problem.

• Members

cool cool song man

I thought it was just me, but I had the same impression about the drums. It really stands out on the snare fill in the middle of the solo.

• Members

I thought it was just me, but I had the same impression about the drums. It really stands out on the snare fill in the middle of the solo.

Yeah, the fills are terrible. I haven't had a chance to really pay attention to them yet. I suspect its more than just the fills though... I'm just having a hard time hearing it.

• Members

Hmmm... what should my buffer be set at? I'm listening now just isolating each instrument against the drums to try and find the problem.

in setup>playback engine.... you should have it set as low as possible to avoid latency.... i cant get mine lower than 256 without it cracking up but im running an old bog standard pc

when it comes to mixing then whack it up as high as you like... using plug ins and things with a low buffer may work the computer hard (which is why its fine when tracking)

the only reason i say it "may" be this is... i assume its just the drums that are midi (addictive drums) so most probably perfectly in time.... you then play along to it whilst recording and although it sounds fine in the cans... its could be being recorded slightly out of time due to the latency

if its not this... then SORT YOUR TIMING OUT :) :) :)

• Members

Yeah, the fills are terrible. I haven't had a chance to really pay attention to them yet. I suspect its more than just the fills though... I'm just having a hard time hearing it.

ha... maybe its just me.... i find the drums pretty much out for the whole song!

im not saying everything needs to be perfect...it needs to have some feeling...but it feels a little out at all times

im sure if you look at the grid on protools you will see that the other instruments you have recorded are not hitting the lines of the grid?

• Members

OK... I'm at:

H/W Buffer Size: 128 Smples
Host Processors: 4 Processors
CPU Usage Limit: 90%

Drums are Addictive Drums... maybe it's me? Wouldn't be surprised... my timing has always been horrendous.

• Members

OK... I'm at:

H/W Buffer Size: 128 Smples

Host Processors: 4 Processors

CPU Usage Limit: 90%

Drums are Addictive Drums... maybe it's me? Wouldn't be surprised... my timing has always been horrendous.

hmmm at 128 i doubt it would cause noticable latency

its probably just me.... no one else has mentioned it so i wouldnt worry about it

the drums just kinda feel slightly behind the rest of the track?

• Members

hmmm at 128 i doubt it would cause noticable latency

its probably just me.... no one else has mentioned it so i wouldnt worry about it

the drums just kinda feel slightly behind the rest of the track?

All the way through or in spots? I doubt it's just you... I remember you calling it out on Coffee. I didn't hear it at first. Now, if I listen back to that version, it is so apparent I almost want to give up music because I didn't notice it before.

• Members

All the way through or in spots? I doubt it's just you... I remember you calling it out on Coffee. I didn't hear it at first. Now, if I listen back to that version, it is so apparent I almost want to give up music because I didn't notice it before.

its pretty much all the way through....hence why i thought it may be a buffer problem

if you solo drums and bass.... do the bass hits sound like they are locking with the kick and snare?...... then try guitar and drums.... keys and drums.... see if anything sounds out?

Archived