How are these new Marshall MA series?

Joeballz

• Members
Plus that stupid wah pedal. Plus he's left handed:lol:. Internet clips of someone else playing aren't very reliable cause my rig sounds different to me when other people play. Over all the tone in the clip is lacking but, I'm going to play one myself for the final judgement. I probably won't get one though.

Why does he always use such a dark sounding guitar? You think someone would have let him in on how much it {censored}s up the amp demos.:facepalm:

• Members

Oh, I was under the assumption that you have actually played one. Oh well. Notice that he is picking over the fretboard. That can have an adverse affect on the tone. Plus I've heard that his guitar is a little muddy sounding anyway. Plus that stupid wah pedal. Plus he's left handed:lol:. Internet clips of someone else playing aren't very reliable cause my rig sounds different to me when other people play. Over all the tone in the clip is lacking but, I'm going to play one myself for the final judgement. I probably won't get one though.

THEY ARENT OUT YET. No one on this board , unless they are a dealer or are lucky enough to work at a store where they got a demo model has played them. I got to play one because my Marshall rep brought one with him last time I saw him

• Members
"Marshall was forced by the US government to make amps that were affordable to everyone...while not agreeing to give them away, Marshall met the US halfway and developed the MA series and also agreed to accept food stamps as partial payment. Marshall also conclued that these amps are indeed a signature series amp...cleverly hidden in its name...obaMA."

-CNN

:lol:

• Members

No! it doesn't sound like that. You got a completely different style going on there. Lots of differences. Different cab/speakers, guitar, pickups, tuning, player, room, settings/amount of gain, etc,etc.. Not a reliable comparison.

I have a JCM800 2204 that I think rips too but, I don't dial mine in quite like yours. You might not like my settings.

• Members
No! it doesn't sound like that. You got a completely different style going on there. Lots of differences. Different cab/speakers, guitar, pickups, tuning, player, room, settings/amount of gain, etc,etc.. Not a reliable comparison.

I have a JCM800 2204 that I think rips too but, I don't dial mine in quite like yours. You might not like my settings.

Yeah, let's face it, Jim Marshall will be kicking the bucket soon, and Terry & his sister are taking the company in a different direction, not everybody is gonna like that, especially if your old skool.

It's not about the amps or toan anymore.:idk:

Archived