Recommend me a bridge pickup for my SG...

peehoo

• Members

Sg Special that is.

I play mostly only rhythm, powerchords and such in standard tuning.

I want it to have higher output but also be ok for mid gain and clean sounds. Reasonably good as in usable.

I have both a Marshall and a Fender Prosonic (kinda in Mesa Mark direction) so something that would work well with both would be nice.

Sound wise I don't want it to be overly tight but still be thick and somehow articulate. I want good palm muted sounds but NOT in a technical fast tight modern metal sense. Think more faster non palm muted stuff like many hardcore punk and crust bands and non technical grind bands do. It's not exactly the thing I'm going for but I always liked those kinda raw sounds.

I was thinking DiMarzio Super Distortion, Duncan Distortion, Gibson 500T but feel free to suggest whatever.

• Members

Sg Special that is.

I play mostly only rhythm, powerchords and such in standard tuning.

I want it to have higher output but also be ok for mid gain and clean sounds. Reasonably good as in usable.

I have both a Marshall and a Fender Prosonic (kinda in Mesa Mark direction) so something that would work well with both would be nice.

Sound wise I don't want it to be overly tight but still be thick and somehow articulate. I want good palm muted sounds but NOT in a technical fast tight modern metal sense. Think more faster non palm muted stuff like many hardcore punk and crust bands and non technical grind bands do. It's not exactly the thing I'm going for but I always liked those kinda raw sounds.

I was thinking DiMarzio Super Distortion, Duncan Distortion, Gibson 500T but feel free to suggest whatever.

Thanks
:thu:

umm...please see my sig. I have two pickups that will suit your needs PERFECTLY. The BG hellabucker, or the Anderson HN3 (which I am starting to hesitate about selling due the 125 bones I shelled out for it). Both these pickups will murder the ones you mentioned, imo. PM me if interested!

• Members

My favorite bridge humbuckers are:

Duncan Custom Custom

DiMarzio Tone Zone

Gibson 500T

I like all those..

But in a SG I would suggest Custom Custom or Air Zone.. In my SG those 2 are the best for me.. And I went through a good half dozen in the SG.. Right now I have the Air Zone in there which I really like, but if I still had a Custom Custom laying around I would probably swap that back in there and call it a day..

Archived