Metronome?

simplestargazer

• Members

Does anyone else find metronome practice insufferably boring? I want to have that machine-gun alternate picking capability, and I know that this is the way to get it. However, I find that my mind begins to wander within a minute of starting. Does anyone have any tips for overcoming this obstacle, or is it just a matter of plowing on through the boredom?

Thanks in advance for any words of encouragement or advice.

• Members

Does anyone else find metronome practice insufferably boring? I want to have that machine-gun alternate picking capability, and I know that this is the way to get it. However, I find that my mind begins to wander within a minute of starting. Does anyone have any tips for overcoming this obstacle, or is it just a matter of plowing on through the boredom?

Thanks in advance for any words of encouragement or advice.

No one said it would be easy. It's all about motivation. Are you really motivated to play fast? Then prove it.

• Members

I used to use the metronome way too much. As you said, it can get boring to the point when you don't want to pick up the guitar. Nowadays I still use it, but I like to spend more time just playing and enjoying it.

Then when the complicated pattern comes up, I'll take out the metronome

Archived