I wanna be a bass player

thefyn

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

A great bass player is hard to find. A great rock bass player is almost impossible to find.

I play guitar professionally and nothing in the last 5 years or so has helped my guitar playing more than picking up bass. Bass can be more fun for me than guitar at times.

I agree that bass can be as difficult or or difficult than guitar when done right. You have to play on the down beats for the most part and mistakes on bass are very noticeable. Timing is everything and locking with a drummer takes a lot of practice. Bass is also more physically challenging than guitar in certain respects.

I love all rhythm section instruments when played well. Douchey musicians are everywhere tho and seem to wreck it for everyone else.

• Members

A great bass player is hard to find. A great rock bass player is almost impossible to find.

I play guitar professionally and nothing in the last 5 years or so has helped my guitar playing more than picking up bass. Bass can be more fun for me than guitar at times.

I agree that bass can be as difficult or or difficult than guitar when done right. You have to play on the down beats for the most part and mistakes on bass are very noticeable. Timing is everything and locking with a drummer takes a lot of practice. Bass is also more physically challenging than guitar in certain respects.

I love all rhythm section instruments when played well. Douchey musicians are everywhere tho and seem to wreck it for everyone else.

I used to think that bass was for suckers. Now I love it. Playing a real bass into a real amp makes a difference. It even makes me write differently than I normally would.

{censored}, now Im getting into playing bass while I sing, which could unlock two guitarists live. A cool Idea for sure.

Archived