Musicians Friend screwed me on Christmas!

Symmetry2170

• Members

MF pulled the old- "He will never know" and sent me used items when I ordered new several times. They did it on big $ items too-like guitars. 30-45 day return policy is nice but not when it is at the expense of your customers.

Then when you call them about the used guitar they sent you when you paid for new-they offer you a $20.00 "discount". I have been done with MF.

• Members

i've ordered countless times from MF over the past 7 or 8 years, and the only time they ever screwed anything up for me was they sent me the wrong color p/u mounting ring one time. they promptly took it back postage paid and sent me the correct one. i always have my stuff within two days from ordering from them. can't do everything perfect 100% of the time :idk:
i don't particularly care for sweetwater because i don't really want people calling me after i order something to see if i'm satisfied and try to sell me more {censored}. i think they've also had an aggressive internet marketing campaign going lately and wouldn't be surprised if someone responsible for the thread works for them :lol:

• Members
i've ordered countless times from MF over the past 7 or 8 years, and the only time they ever screwed anything up for me was they sent me the wrong color p/u mounting ring one time. they promptly took it back postage paid and sent me the correct one. i always have my stuff within two days from ordering from them. can't do everything perfect 100% of the time
:idk:
i don't particularly care for sweetwater because i don't really want people calling me after i order something to see if i'm satisfied and try to sell me more {censored}. i think they've also had an aggressive internet marketing campaign going lately and wouldn't be surprised if someone responsible for the thread works for them
:lol:

I have had many great purchases from them as well but when they send out used gear when you purchase new-F that! (I understand this thread has nothing to do with my issues with them)

• Members

I got an EZ Drummer box for Christmas. Oh, and DFH, but it's not compatible with the box. :mad:

GC had sent an empty box, no software, no paperwork, no nothing, other than the box. I open my X-mas present, all stoked with the massive drums I am hours away from, and I got {censored} all. :facepalm: They're gonna overnight me a new one Monday, but still. I had all day today to play with it, and nothing, nada, zip. :mad:

• Members

did you call yet? I am curious to see what they offered for your troubles.

I called this morning at around 11:30. Spoke with a rep and told him what had happened he put in the request for the return and it went through. Then he e-mailed me a UPS return label that I have to print off and slap on the box to be shipped back.

I was offered any discounts or store credit, which is okay, they still paid for shipping both ways, which is also okay.

Two downsides though, are that a) I have to ship this one back before they issue the replacement. I understand that, they have to cover their asses on their merchandise, and b) they aren't expecting them in stock until january 8th. Frustrating, but, what can you do?

• Members
Exactly my point.

IT'S CHRISTMAS!!!

Far better things to be doing than bitching about some company on a forum... especially today. Forget about it for 24 hr and start calling them tomorrow to complain.

:idea:

Merry Christmas btw.
:thu:

Things like say... lecturing someone on on a forum on xmas day about bitching on a forum on xmas day?

• Members

I called this morning at around 11:30. Spoke with a rep and told him what had happened he put in the request for the return and it went through. Then he e-mailed me a UPS return label that I have to print off and slap on the box to be shipped back.

I was offered any discounts or store credit, which is okay, they still paid for shipping both ways, which is also okay.

Two downsides though, are that a) I have to ship this one back before they issue the replacement. I understand that, they have to cover their asses on their merchandise, and b) they aren't expecting them in stock until january 8th. Frustrating, but, what can you do?

Does TC qualify for the 15% off "pricewar" code? If so, call them back and get 15% off the new one.

• Members

I was hoping you would get something out of their screw up, sounds like you gave in too easy.

• Members
I ordered from them for the first time in a while and I hope they don't {censored} me over.

EDIT: What should I look for on a new amp and cab besides the lack of smudges on the faceplate, and the amp brand wrapping around the amp?
:cop:

The guy who bought it before you and played it with the amp on 4ohms and the cab on 16 for 45 days connected with a instrument cable will prolly still have his reciept in the box. :cop: and the ohm settings will be on 4 and 16 still hahahahaha!

Archived