JULY 2012 SHOWCASE Thread :: Finished work, videos, career news, BSP, more...

blue2blue

• Members

No news too trivial, no bragging right too small. Whether your latest triumph was a multi-album deal or a good night at your local open mic -- there's room to talk about it here...
:)

Here's this month's
Official Showcase Thread
where you can post your
completed projects
, links to
finished works
(even
old
ones) you want your pals here in the SW forum to hear,
promo videos
, covers of other people's songs, or just generally
shameless self-hype
that you're
far too professional
and courteous to post in the main forum.

POST 'EM IF YOU GOT 'EM!

:)

previous showcase threads

June 2012

May 2012

April 2012

March 2012

February 2012

January 2012

December 2011

November 2011

October 2011

September 2011

August 2011

July 2011

June 2011

May 2011

April 2011

March 2011

February 2011

January 2011

December 2010

November 2010

October 2010

September 2010

August 2010

July 2010

June 2010

May 2010

April 2010

March 2010

February 2010

January 2010

December 2009

November 2009

October 2009

September 2009

August 2009

July 2009 [no posts]

June 2009

May 2009

April 2009

March 2009

February 2009

January 2009

December 2008

November 2008

October 2008

More on the Songwriting Forum Monthly Showcase

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Just put this one up. Had to keep the old tracking with some flaws in it, so it was never going to be be 100% tight, but somehow I think the song is better for it.

[video=youtube;MGeqoWlZY60]

FWIW, I'll be away from the computer for a lot of July, so I apologize in advance if I can't comment on posts this month.

• Members

Here's one that I had some input on a while ago

It was pretty finished before but had a mess around with the mix today and am now happy with it.

Well, they always say a songwriter has got to write ahead of the calendar... another bittersweet, moody excursion that speaks to me of slanting afternoon sun and days growing ever shorter...

But, hey, it's JULY here in the 3DW and Southern California's traditional 'June gloom' (maritime fog/haze/overcast along the coastal plains) is finally burning off... and the bikinis are going on. Barely.

• Members

Got a interview with the local music rag tomorrow!

Cool!

Wear a beret. Music writers love that. I guess it's too late to grow a goatee, if you don't already have one. But maybe if you have a full beard, you can shave it down to something arty.

Break a leg. :thu:

• Members

This track is my "In the Summertime"... I'm trying to make it a perennial. ;)

I've always thought the piece had some vague commercial potential, so I decided to remaster this and pander the hell out of things (and indulge my own love of summer, the beach, and the female form) with this brand new vid...

"Bebi's Bossa" (pronounced baby's bossa) is a product of my long flirtation with bossa nova. (By and large, it doesn't flirt back, but, hey, the pretty ones are like that.)

I'm not sure a content warning is absolutely necessary but be assured there are a lot of highly minimalist bikinis in this vid and there is one very brief and rather discreet view of what appears to be a naked girl on a surfboard. (I say that to give you warning. Not to entice. Uh huh.)

[video=youtube;nE9PxcK2WYg]

[if anyone wants to give me feedback on the HD mode if you've got an HD display, that'd be great; I have a super modest graphics setup and it's a trifle hesitant on mine -- and then my display is sub-HD besides. Also -- if anyone thinks the high end is too bright, please alert me. I don't have a lot of ear left up there anymore. ;) ]

• Members

I actually recorded this one back when I had a band in a small studio..about 5 years ago.... was never happy with the results but got the WAVs.

Well I just loaded them in...re tracked bass, some extra guitars and redid all my vocals.

Sounds alright I think.... nice to have some REAL drums to mix!

[video=youtube;eiMSQ4u6XKs]

• Members
I've been finishing loads of songs I never got round to doing so before

Here is another I did today

[video=youtube;V5iaD28NZVo]

Hey Stick... having trouble getting it to play.

• Members
I've been finishing loads of songs I never got round to doing so before

Here is another I did today

[video=youtube;V5iaD28NZVo]

Hey Stick... having trouble getting it to play.

I just pressed play on here and it worked fine!?

Are other vids playing?

• Members

This has nothing much to do with me (although she DID record one of my songs, probably out of kindness) but I just noticed that my niece, Mean Mary James, is approaching the one million viewer mark on this video...

[video=youtube;ofAQtE7zHe0]

So I wanted to brag on her a bit and maybe help send her past that milestone. She's a banjo wiz, no doubt about it, and a pretty fair song writer.

Archived