which kind of tube?

Gsenator

• Members

Hey guys, I currently own a 1965 fender bassman that was passed down to me. I got it cleaned up and in working order. The gentleman who fixed it for me threw in a pair of Ruby tubes, but as my bands first show is approaching I feel it necessary to change the tubes ( I've had them for around 6 months now, playing 3-4 times a week in a band setting). I am not unimpressed with the ruby tubes, but I think they sounded alot different when i first got them. Can anyone suggest some tubes that would work well with a 4ohm fenderbassman. I need to be able to play everything from HEAVY rock to very very mellow post-rock indie or jazz. It is imperative that I get some tubes that can do both and everything in between because of the sheer versatility of my band's music. Any help would be really appreciated, thanks!

• Members

The two tubes that glow blue. I have 3 pre-amp tubes, one wasn't working so he took it out and told me that it was unnecessary if I wasn't using the bass input. So the two big glass tubes, 6L6 means nothing to me :-) haha sorry.

Archived