OT: Bottled My First Homebrew Beer Last Sunday

mcr23

• Members

Kyle,

I know that most book generally say that you want to make sure as little of the trub makes it inot the primary as possible but I think I got a little more than usual because I wasn't taking my time.

Can I leave it in or should I re-rack it when I get home?

• Members

Kyle,

I know that most book generally say that you want to make sure as little of the trub makes it inot the primary as possible but I think I got a little more than usual because I wasn't taking my time.

Can I leave it in or should I re-rack it when I get home?

It settles out anyway in my experience.

I always leave it personally, its most important to avoid the yeast cake when moving to secondary. Most of the trub settles down there during primary in my experience. I'm still a noob of sorts though man so see what works for you ya know?

• Members
:love:

thanks I just wanted to make sure I dind't commit a serious no-no. I'll let it do it's thing.

I took the Brewer's Best Imperial Nut Brown kit and made the following subsitutitons:

I removed half of the specialty grain that gives it the nut flavor and replaced it with crystal 60.

I added 1 lb of liquid clear belgian candi sugar

I added small amounts (under half a tsp) of the std belgian spices (cardamon, bitter orange peel, cin, and corriander) @ 15 min

I added an extra favoring hop (cascade) 0.5 grams @ 10 min

I used abbey ale yeast instead of the reg american ale yeast it came with.

:snax:

• Members
:love:

thanks I just wanted to make sure I dind't commit a serious no-no. I'll let it do it's thing.

I took the Brewer's Best Imperial Nut Brown kit and made the following subsitutitons:

I removed half of the specialty grain that gives it the nut flavor and replaced it with crystal 60.

I added 1 lb of liquid clear belgian candi sugar

I added small amounts (under half a tsp) of the std belgian spices (cardamon, bitter orange peel, cin, and corriander) @ 15 min

I added an extra favoring hop (cascade) 0.5 grams @ 10 min

I used abbey ale yeast instead of the reg american ale yeast it came with.

:snax:

Interesting.
Lemme know how the mouth feels turns out on that one, my guess is it'll be kinda grainy with all that residual sugar you've got goin. Not a bad or good thing, its up to you. I made a dark wheat with candy sugar and a lot of crystal and that's how mine turned out.

• Members

Interesting.

Lemme know how the mouth feels turns out on that one, my guess is it'll be kinda grainy with all that residual sugar you've got goin. Not a bad or good thing, its up to you. I made a dark wheat with candy sugar and a lot of crystal and that's how mine turned out.

It came with maltodextrin to improve mouthfeel. I don't think there was any wheat in the recipe.

Archived