Problem with my Krank Rev Jr->

Lucius

• Members

So I picked up this little half stack Rev Jr for a great price a couple weeks ago. I brought it home and it has this low frequency hum even with all the pots turned down. We changed all the tubes (2x6L6's, 3x12AX7's) and the hum went down alittle bit but its still there, except now we can put the noise back by activating the effects loop and turning the mix knob up. I think its coming from the effects loop but with the old tubes in there it didn't make any difference. Is there an easy way to bypass the effects loop completely (temporary jumper leads perhaps)?

Also, Could it be an output transformer, i've never heard a blown one so I don't know what it is suppose to sound like? This hum is audible until you get the amp moderately loud (like louder than I would want to play at home). Anyways, the store has replaced all the tubes, offered a complete refund, and will send it back for repair (tomlee music ftw) they are just waiting to see if the hum is acceptable by me. Cheers, Lucius

NOTE: We had the whole amp apart on the bench and didn't see any burnt components

Archived