Shouldn't the SLASH AFD100 be a 1959T based amp???

pureanalog

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i dont get it, i alraedy have a slash marshal...why the hell did they make another one?

It's supposed to be like the one he used to record AFD with.

I think it's supposed to be more of a ground up model. The first Slash sig amp was just a repackaged Jubilee. This one looks like it might be more customized for Slash.

Randall made a very short run of Slash signature amps. I've heard one in person, killer sounding amp.

• Members

Never heard of this. Info?

The Randall Slash amps were called BMF. They were produced right before the Marshall Slash was made, they were very short lived.

I've played a 50 watt head, and it was killer. Basically a two channel Marshall-style head, if I remember it had a bias switch for 6L6s or EL34s. Sorry but it's been a couple years since I played one. I remember it sounding very creamy, almost to much bass on the dirty side.

• Members

Didn't we already have a thread about this yesterday?

It was a modded Trem, not an 800.

Slah later toured with the Jub and the 800 with 6550s for illusion

amright?

You're right but the circuit (1959) with a master volume added becomes a JCM-800 essentially.

• Members

Never saw the point in artist signature gear. I don't want Erlic Clapton's guitar or Splash's map. I don't want Ass Frehley's guitar or Kerry King's JCM 800. May Garry Rossington reign.

dude FOR REAL! artist stuff....joke....all about the $$$$ i aint no sucker

• Members

i dont know, ill tell you what, my {censored}ing jubliee Slash is a {censored}ing kick ass amp. I dont give a {censored} if CC devilles name was on it, it is the best marshall i have ever played outside of a Cameron.

• Members

i dont know, ill tell you what, my {censored}ing jubliee Slash is a {censored}ing kick ass amp. I dont give a {censored} if CC devilles name was on it, it is the best marshall i have ever played outside of a Cameron.

Those are indeed killer amps. As you point out a properly modded JCM-800 or JMP/Plexi is sort of the "Grail" of marshalls but the Jubilee is probably the best production amp they ever put out if you are going to leave it bone stock.

• Members

http://www.slashsworld.com/equipment/the-appetite-amp-story/sweet-marshall-o%E2%80%99-mine-part-2-the-breakthrough-case-closed/

Slash & Marshall are telling whoppers.:facepalm:

He used an 800 2203 for clean tones on AFD, but the Caswell 1959T for everything else, also it's the -

Caswell amp he stole and got busted with, not the 800 because A[ they wouldn't sell it to him, & B] In 86' he didn't have anything else worth a {censored}.

• Members

You're right but the circuit (1959) with a master volume added becomes a JCM-800 essentially.

Actually...

Oh look, a 1959 model JCM800

JCM800_1959_Net.jpg

And a 2204 Master Volume JMP

76MV2203.jpg

JCM800 is really mostly esthetic differences (yes, the circuits changed over the years, but not so specifically during the JMP to JCM transition). Just happens that JCM800 corresponds to the era where MV amps took over.

So really, a JCM800 or a JMP... doesn't matter.

Point is, make me a killer sounding amp, but enough with Slash's special amp nonsense :wave:

If anything, I like his tone on Illusion better than on AFD, I may even like the toanz with Velvet Revolver better.

• Members

Actually...

Oh look, a 1959 model JCM800

JCM800_1959_Net.jpg

And a 2204 Master Volume JMP

76MV2203.jpg

JCM800 is really mostly esthetic differences (yes, the circuits changed over the years, but not so specifically during the JMP to JCM transition).
Just happens that JCM800 corresponds to the era where MV amps took over

So really, a JCM800 or a JMP... doesn't matter.

Point is, make me a killer sounding amp, but enough with Slash's special amp nonsense
:wave:
If anything, I like his tone on Illusion better than on AFD, I may even like the toanz with Velvet Revolver better.

The bold part isn't really right. While you could buy NMV (1959) JCM-800's as special run amps later but from the mid 70's till '81 IIRC they were the 2203/2204 circuit but still called JMP's. Then they jumped the two inputs and started calling them the JCM-800.

My point was that after Caswell modded the old JMP it was essentially a 2203 so you can call it whatever you want (which is what I believe you were getting at) however, Marshall isn't being entirely clear on what went on. IMO, they don't want people to latch on to the fact that it was a modded amp, not a relatively stock 2203 Slash used.

My JMP is still a "JMP" even though it's mechanically more like a JCM-800 2203 now with the mods Zach did to it. At least that's what I call it.

• Members

In 86' he didn't have anything else worth a {censored}.

Interesting, didn't know there was a follow up.

And yes, there's some serious fibs going on. Why? Well, obviously because Marshall is currently producing the JCM800 - all they have to do is apply some tweaks to the current circuit, add some fancy branding and sell it at double the price. Restarting production on a brand new amp would cost much more, making the profits smaller.

nohjf4.jpg

Archived