2 new cabs in one day - pics!!

mhenson42

• Members

First up is a new front loaded Diezel cab. This is a US made cab with the Diezel Custom Eminence speakers. I'm probably gonna change them to v30s/gk100s though.

P1290051.jpg

Next is perhaps the greatest cabinet I've ever bought for my guitar room. :)

P1290046.jpg

P1290048.jpg

• Members

Thanks guys. Well after day one, I drank too much and didn't really play much through my new Diezel cab. I foresee problems in the future. :lol::facepalm:

Damn. Epic for sure Matt.
I wouldn't ever leave my room with that setup
. Probably best I don't. Now I know why you said a whole keg in the friday drink thread.

That's the point. I got tired of having to walk down to the kitchen for more beer. When my wife would see me she'd always think I was done playing guitar and get mad when I went back up. :p

• Members

I swapped 2 of the diezel custom speakers for v30s in an X-pattern. Sounds alot better now. I'm still gonna try with all v30s and v30s/gk100s to see which I like best. Maybe 4 GKs at some point.

Nice!

but when's the mills going to show up and replace the diezel?

Actually, it's the other way around. I'm swapping the FL Diezel in place of my Mills. I traded one of my Mills cabs for a FL VHT cab and fell in love with the tightness of the FL cab. I still have my other Mills cab though. I love it too, and I'll keep it for other stuff. It looks lonely over there now. I need to get another head. :idea: Actually, I'm considering another Nitro.

P1290053.jpg

• Members

mhenson, what are the custom diezel eminence's like? I love Eminence speakers, and curious about what they sound like.

I don't like 4 of them with my Herbert. The don't seem very aggressive for the kind of tones I'm looking for. They are too warm and break up early compared to v30s. The do seem to be tight enough for me though. Maybe better suited for rock/mid-gain tones. Maybe if I had an Einstein or Schmidt, these would be great. Mixed with v30s, it sounds alot better. More like my v30/gk100 cabs.

I may keep the v30/Diezel Custom mix in there or I may just sell all the Diezel speakers outright. I know I'm at least selling 2 of them.

• Members

Actually, it's the other way around. I'm swapping the FL Diezel in place of my Mills. I traded one of my Mills cabs for a FL VHT cab and fell in love with the tightness of the FL cab. I still have my other Mills cab though. I love it too, and I'll keep it for other stuff. It looks lonely over there now. I need to get another head.
:idea:
Actually, I'm considering another Nitro.

so were you and Erock separated at birth or something :lol:

• Members

I think I'm liking the second one better. I'm drinking way too much now. I've already had 5 glasses today.
:lol:

Nah. this is the old USA made one. I got it used for $800 shipped.

:thu:

cool, i thought you might have fell for the hype terry built up and got the 1700.00 cabs, i bet your cab kicks ass.

• Members

He consults with me before he buys amps. I consult with him before I buy cabs.
:lol:

Actually, I owned his Wizard and his old VH4 and Nitro. At one point we had near identical rigs.

That's the first thing that came to mind. seeing that gear I was like damn that looks like half eric's {censored}!

you got a loomis 7 too?

• Members

That's the first thing that came to mind. seeing that gear I was like damn that looks like half eric's {censored}!

you got a loomis 7 too?

Nah. He has my cast offs. :cop::lol:

I can barely play 6 strings. What am I gonna do with 7. :lol: I did play one once though. It's a really cool guitar if you are into those.

Archived