NDIYAD - "Lyxus"

Duesentrieb

• Members

. . . my new DIY amp. (how boring, another one :D )

Three channels (crunch and lead share EQ), loop, 60 Watts, EL34s.

Finished it tonight, so a very Q&D vid.

Needs some tweaks for balancing (sp?) crunch and lead.

I will also probably add a "bright" for the clean.

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

Here's a pic:

lyxus1.JPG

and the board . . . .

lyxusboard2.jpg

newer clip:

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

Olaf

• Members

Just kidding. Beautiful amp as usual. Pristine clean and chewy lead. Love the simplicity of the board. I can't believe you squeeze out 3 channels with just those few components. Are the rectangular white things relays?

Maybe someday you'll share the schematic? ;)

• Members

Just kidding. Beautiful amp as usual. Pristine clean and chewy lead. Love the simplicity of the board. I can't believe you squeeze out 3 channels with just those few components. Are the rectangular white things relays?

Maybe someday you'll share the schematic?
;)

Thanks a lot. Yes, those are relais, Finder 3022 to be exact.

Why not? Clean comes off a Bogner Shiva with some personal tweaks (Shive is close to a Fender circuit), crunch and lead are classical 3/4 Gainstages + CF designs. Loop is a Diezel design, I cannot share that, poweramp is like a 50s Marshall with 22nF PI coupling caps and the typical passive depth as in SLOs.

• Members

Once again, Olaf, you've knocked it out of the park.

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate it.

I've changed the amp this evening though, took away some fizzy gain and made the crunch channel a crunch channel (instead of a second lead), also added some "life" and meat to the clean channel. Should be finished now.

• Members

Man, you really hand pick the best features of these amps. Haven't seen the Shiva's schematic, I guess the clean channel has 2 gain stages with a single tone control similar to a Champ?

The crunch is 3 gain stages with another gain stage inserted between the first two stages for the lead channel? Also treble/mid/bass Marshall-style tonestack?

Thanks a lot. Yes, those are relais, Finder 3022 to be exact.

Why not? Clean comes off a Bogner Shiva with some personal tweaks (Shive is close to a Fender circuit), crunch and lead are classical 3/4 Gainstages + CF designs. Loop is a Diezel design, I cannot share that, poweramp is like a 50s Marshall with 22nF PI coupling caps and the typical passive depth as in SLOs.

• Members

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate it.

I've changed the amp this evening though, took away some fizzy gain and made the crunch channel a crunch channel (instead of a second lead), also added some "life" and meat to the clean channel. Should be finished now.

Any chance of you recording another video demo of the updated amp Olaf?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived