amp mod technician

nutstae

• Members

Hi guys,

good day to you

I have question about amp mod.

I am just going to replace one volume pot in my HRDx, that is all I intend to do

at this point.

However, even tho I am comfortable with soldering, amp mod is whole new level to me. One mistake might get me killed too, I am very afraid to do this on my own.

I was thinking of getting it done by Tech.

Where can they replace this one pot for me?? do I have to go to guitar center for this? or just regular any engineering technician (don't even know where to find them) can do it alone too

How much would it cost? I do not want to get ripped off like crazy just for one volume pot.

if there is perfect way to drain out voltage that can be done on my own, please explain to me too

I would be very appreciated if you advise

Thank you

• Members

I live in Orange County

I dont even know where to start..

like I said, any engineering technician would be able to do it? whether they know about instruments or not?

Ideally, you would want to take it to an amp tech. I ask where, cause there's probably a few dudes here who could chime in to say who the good techs are in your area.

I'd check through some of the local mom n' pop shops. Give a few of them a call, see if they have an amp tech there, or if there's someone they recommend.

Archived