Got my Tele refinished!!

MattACaster

• Members

Buddy built this for me for my b-day years ago. The finish wasn't great on it though. He has this great finisher he uses for his custom wood working company so he passed the body onto him to get it fixed up.

Here it is originally. Hard to tell from the pics but the finish isn't real even. It's pertinaciously messed up around the edges and it had a weird tacky feeling.

telefar.jpg

Here it is after the refinish. It's a bit darker than this but the camera on my phone kind of sucks.

IMAG0039.jpg

Here is the finished product. Replaced the pickups with some GFSs.

IMAG0040.jpg

I'm into it. :thu:

Plays and sounds great.

Here is a bass my buddy built for another friend that just went on tour and didn't want to bring his MusicMan. Sorry for the small pic. It's all I have.

imagejpeg_2.jpg

Except some NGDs in the near future. He is looking to get into guitar making more and the myself, my g/f and the bass player in my band have been bombing him with orders. Also going to get a couple 2x12s made by hime. :love:

• Members
Don't worry. Mine will be back routed, stained red and have a single Dirty Fingers in the bridge.
:thu:

I was going to continue to only post smilies in response but there aren't any "what is back routed" smilies.

PS
Text me and remind to measure my cabs for you tonight, I keep forgetting until I'm not near them.

• Members

I was going to continue to only post smilies in response but there aren't any "what is back routed" smilies.

PS

Text me and remind to measure my cabs for you tonight, I keep forgetting until I'm not near them.

Haha!

My Blackout Tele is back routed.:thu:

Will do!

• Members

compensated of course
:thu:

So was the original more of a red finish? I do like the new one! What are your thoughts on that GFS bridge?

It was a little more red. Not much. 2 different camera phone shots in two different places.

I'm really digging the bridge pickup so far! Lots of meat too it but still very much retains the Tele twang. Sounds great with my Triple Recto!

Archived