Steve Vai's Amp

connorpeak

• Members

So today i was watching Stev Vai's New "where the wild things are" DVD and it was really good. then i notice that steve vai had what looked like a Vibro-king or a Vibrolux behind him. Maybe a Supersonic? It definitely was his, not the back up guitarist's. I stopped the movie stood up and was like :eekphil: . He had 2 legacy cabs on either side of the amp. so im thinking he is using it as only a part of his set up with the legacy heads backstage. Anyone know for sure?

:confused:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There was some clip on Youtube where he went through his rig a lil while ago, and he had I think a Fender amp of some sort in with his Legacy(s). From memory he just said he wanted a different sound to work with.
:idk:

Yup, he called it the "Fender........Job" :lol:

[YOUTUBE]b58Xil8RfRY[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

Steve Vai is a great player, has some awesome tones and I really respect him. I think he would be an excellent teacher and seems to have some very interesting ideas about just guitar in general.

I just hate his music.... :lol:

Cool video, I really need to try a legacy head one of these days.

• Members

As much of a Vai fanboy that I am, I wish he would've kept his rig simpler like on the 'Live At The Astoria London' dvd. Much better tone. Fatter and not as abrasive as this current setup.

If you've watched the 'Where The Wild Things Are' dvd, listen to 'Die To Live' and you'll know what I mean.

• Members

ok thanks guys. here my opinion on Steve.. He is a great guitar player but he has ,what i think is, an ego problem. He trys to be the "frontman ultra rockstar" too much. i mean he puts a fan behind his board just to blow his hair around. see what i mean?

• Members

ok thanks guys. here my opinion on Steve.. He is a great guitar player but he has ,what i think is, an ego problem. He trys to be the "frontman ultra rockstar" too much. i mean he puts a fan behind his board just to blow his hair around. see what i mean?

Course it does get hot as {censored} on stage under the lights. The fan is a great idea. Course he does cop the mad ghey faces whilst doing it...

• Members

I honestly don't think he has that big of an ego like people make him out to have. In his interviews he seems just kind of straight foward and offers his opinions.

On stage is a different thing :facepalm:. That is all part of the show though.

• Members

Vai has definitely earned his right to have an ego. He's one of the most technically efficient players in the world and he's played with some of the biggest names in the music industry, not to mention he makes tons of money on endorsements alone. He's a grammy award winning artist and has been nominated more times than most. He may not be as down to earth as others as say andy timmons or satriani but even they havent done the things Vai has done.

Archived