NADish ...basically new amp/guitar month! (Mesa/Fender old and new!)

thesinner66

• Members

In the last few weeks I got the Mesa Tremoverb and the black tele with a combination of overtime and my tax return. Then yesterday I pulled the trigger on the modified Quad reverb. Unfortunately the gang isn't all together with my JMP at the band practice space.

l_98328f0eb0e540ac8a3afbd89afcb141.jpg

The Quad Reverb originally came in a 4x12 cabinet. Someone had it modified with a dual master volume and put it in a regular fender styled head cabinet. They did a horrid job w/ the tolex, so I'm looking to upgrade the grill cloth and the tolex. Hence why I really didn't feel a need to show it up close. It looks like {censored}.But it sounds absolutely awesome! I was thinking of trading the DSL for it. But decided against it and figured I'm already in debt...what's another $500 bucks for a once in a lifetime amp that NOBODY WILL HAVE?!?!

l_b20f07e351c94c7f891c60befa9f2858.jpg

The 2nd master volume acts like a variac and it controls the whole amp (both channels) with the stock volume knobs dimed and a boost. It's completely badass! Very convincing Social D tones w/ the SD-1!

l_7dfbc42b6db944af9562870c61cf08c8.jpg

I'm actually set when it comes to amps I think...til another cool amp comes along!:thu:

• Members

I'm thinking of using a hot rod looking tolex for the fender amp. Apparently Leopard print tolex isn't an option. However the silverface looks like {censored} with the other ideas except for the regular silver fender grill cloth and black tolex. I may just go w/ a sparkly blue or red.

Archived