Reliability & Sound Of Line 6 HD 147/Spider Valve HD 100 & Vetta Heads

Charvel1975

• Members

Hey guys just wanting some input on the reliability and sound of these heads from Line 6. I have an older Line 6 Flextone 2 head and the project I'm working with right now is pretty heavy music but not so extreme as say Job For A Cowboy. I've been experimenting with different sounds and effects and my Line 6 head is the only amp I have with effects.

I do have a Mesa tremoverb head and a Marshall artist 3203 head but as far as effects I only have a Boss chorus ensemble pedal. I haven't used my line 6 head in a while and I have the floorboard that goes with it and the 2 4x12 cabs I have is a marshall stock 1960a and a randall r412cxm with the stock celestion 70/80's. Any of you guys had experience with any of the line 6 heads I mentioned in the subject line?

• Members

Tried a Spider Valve MKI a year ago. It was the best sounding Line 6 I've heard yet. I played with it for about 20 minutes to dial in sounds for a jam and it was ok (I got to practice and they were already playing..I had to be quick). I went back down the next day to get some alone time with it, I turned it on...and the screen died! The second time it was ever powered on! I returned it and never tried another.

• Members

Just saw Enfold Darkness, one guitarist had a Vetta II HD the other guy had a 6505+ both with Vader Cabz and i will say it was not half bad.

The Faceless uses Vetta II HD's. I will say you won't get very far playing brootz without spending a bunch of time making [or being given] custom patches.

It would certainly make recording a {censored} load easier. I'm kind of debating getting a Vetta II to run in stereo then just volume boost that amp with effects and {censored} for solos while still running my VH100R

• Members

custom patches.

It would certainly make recording a {censored} load easier. I'm kind of debating getting a Vetta II to run in stereo then just volume boost that amp with effects and {censored} for solos while still running my VH100R

Yea thats one thing I've noticed with the line 6 stuff is they're awesome for recording! The Vetta has all the effects, etc. I'm just concerned about the reliability and the sound, even the Vetta 1 is upgradeable for free to the vetta 2

• Members

Ive got the HD147, Vetta upgraded to Vetta II specs, and just got a Spider Valve HD100. Absolutley the funnest amps Ive played thus far.

I really dont get all the {censored} they receive from people. I see people going through amps like I do underwear. Maybe for good reason. Most amps are limited to 1 to 3 channels and pretty much the first sound you hear is what you will be hearing forever besides what you can do with the EQ. Well with these, if you get bored or ear fatigued with your sound all you have to do is try another amp model. Theres lots of sounds to choose if youre not afraid to dial some knobs.

As far as reliability. My Vetta is in the shop for cutting out/lose of power and volume. But in its defense, it has been rock solid for over a year of rehearsals and gigs with my metal cover band. And I dont care what amp you have you will always need a backup at some point.

Archived