Anyone familiar with Carvin cabs?

jn062181

• Members

these are Pre-Legacy Carvins

I have the stereo 4-12 grey carpet versions of these.

Really good sounding and durable cabs. Toured with it for almost 10 years. No problems. Now its in my studio cuz I dont wanna lug it around anymore.

It tames the low end out of any fuzzy Mesa, and can smooth out a trebly Marshall and works well with almost any head or as an extension for any combo.

I've run Mesas, Marshalls, Rivera, Fenders, Soldano, Diezels and Bogners thru this cab and it always sounded great live and in studio.

I preferred this over my mesa recto cab and my old Marshall.

for that price, Pick it up, you wont be disappointed.

• Members

I have a Carvin GX412T slant with Celestions in it and I like it fine. Not quite as tight of bottom end as my Marshall 1960B with G12T-75's but I only paid $395 for the Carvin brand new. The cab matches real well with an X-100B amp. The cab is all marine birch wood, even the back, and very sturdy. I prefer Celestions over the 90's Carvin gray carpet cabs with the BR-12 speakers, the BR-12's can be rather strident and bottom-end is only fair. The older mid 80's black concert cabinets with the Carvin Magnalab 100w speakers are good and some of those cabs came with EV-120L speakers but are ball breakers, 120 lbs.

• Members

they're mediocre.. a slight step up from peavey and on par with marshall.

I'd take an avatar contemporary 4X12 over any carvin 4X12. I can't give away my legacy 4X12.. :/

wat? No, they're well made cabs.. not on par with top of the line cabs but far from mediocre

I agree about Avatars though