CSB--Just screwed over Guitar Center ever so slightly...

somata

• Members

As a music store manager I must disagree. What is the item had already been marked down a {censored}load? You have no idea how many people come in and see some ridiculous blow out sale we are having where we are literally selling {censored} as just above cost to get it out the door and they want a better price than that. Just my experience.

I understand you mean well, but please read post #19.

• Members

I'm still excited that I got a good deal...

Can't I at least keep my illusion that I screwed them over? Please?
:lol:

Big ups to Sweetwater, killer facility, and fantastic gear at great prices...wish it was a bit closer (about 2 hours away)

• Members

You should have known when he said "that cost ME money". If it was below cost, it would have cost the STORE money, not the salesman. However, he knows you don't have a conscious about affecting a business entity, but if the person you are affecting is standing RIGHT THERE in front of you, you feel bad. Like someone else said, he was screwing you out the the 10% and it worked.

• Members
I'm still excited that I got a good deal...

Can't I at least keep my illusion that I screwed them over? Please?

Big ups to Sweetwater, killer facility, and fantastic gear at great prices...wish it was a bit closer (about 2 hours away)

Thanks dude.

Swing by someday...I'll buy you lunch.

• Members

I understand you mean well, but please read post #19.

I read the post before that where Ryan said his dealer cost. I didnt necessarily mean the Korg but just because they have $180 on something doesnt mean they paid less than $120. Thats all I was saying.

• Members
REALLY? Check out B&H, and say that again.
:)
Largest Camera dealer in the world, with a fairly respectable pro audio division. I work at Sweetwater, and so I don't prop competitors much...but they put GC to SHAME on studio stuff. (Not us though...
:)
)

As a Korg dealer, I can confidently and certainly, most factually tell you....

You got hustled. I know dealer cost on that item.

Well, if you know salesman Paul Rowan, tell him I gave him props for being a good dude to deal with. I bought a mesa widebody thiele from him about 6 months ago.

• Members

Guitar center told me 300 dollar crate cabinet they had on sale for 100 bucks was below cost.

When i went to check out i caught a peek at his monitor. They paid about 83 dollars....

He lied.

They do this all this time.

They have HUGE profit margins. You did NOT get it below cost i guarantee. Unless it is broken they will NOT sell below cost. Even in their price match policy they say so.

Good deal tho.
~mike~

• Members
Guitar center told me 300 dollar crate cabinet they had on sale for 100 bucks was below cost.

When i went to check out i caught a peek at his monitor. They paid about 83 dollars....

He lied.

They do this all this time.

They have HUGE profit margins. You did NOT get it below cost i guarantee. Unless it is broken they will NOT sell below cost. Even in their price match policy they say so.

Good deal tho.

~mike~

:idea: yepp

Archived