Share YOUR songs-post your mp3's HERE

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by SomeGuyNamedRob

Maybe a slower tempo to start would work for you. But the melody is really cool.
Thats right.What I need are some good backing tracks to practise along to.But I can't find any. frown.gif

• Members
Originally posted by rosskoss

Thats right.What I need are some good backing tracks to practise along to.But I can't find any. frown.gif
Why not make your own?

Look for Anvil Studio. It'll let you compose MIDI files for free using a staff-type notation interface. And instead of a piano to enter notes, you can do it using a virtual fretboard.

• Members
Originally posted by rosskoss
Wow!Thanks Rob

Thats exactly what I'm looking for!
Some of the features are extras that you can pay for in packages. I get around that by exporting MIDI files, then importing those into ACID.

Or, you could just register the program and get a full MIDI and audio studio.

Glad I could help.

• Members
Originally posted by dminus0
Here you go:

http://benway.iuma.com

I'd take a listen to ya'lls stuff, but I don't have a sound card on my pc at work. I'll check it out this weekend.
that's some of the coolest stuff i've heard lateley. "vente" was awesome. crazy time changes. kind of reminds me of June of 44. don't know if you've heard of them, if not you'd really like them.

• Members

Hey guys, I've been dying to get some opinions on some of my bands stuff. The first two songs aren't done yet, they're just concepts. The last one "crestfallen" is almost done except for the end where it sort of falls apart, he he. Also, there's no vocals because we can't seem to find a singer. Anyone know someone who sings in Jersey? smile.gif

Adam

Edit: Guess it'd help if I put a link..

Http://www.mp3.com/Largely_The_Opposite

• Members
Originally posted by cool_E
Hey, When did this forum get started?

Here are a couple songs I wrote & recorded in the
basement. I've been spending time at the recording
forum and other songwriting forums in an attempt
to improve both. Most of this stuff is before major
improvements.

www.mp3.com/refugees

Dave
Freaky - you had 666 listens when I loaded your page. smile.gif

Normally this style of music leaves me pretty cold, but this pretty well done. The guitars sound a little thin, but otherwise I dig the production.

• Members
Originally posted by Jelek
Hey guys, I've been dying to get some opinions on some of my bands stuff. The first two songs aren't done yet, they're just concepts. The last one "crestfallen" is almost done except for the end where it sort of falls apart, he he. Also, there's no vocals because we can't seem to find a singer. Anyone know someone who sings in Jersey? smile.gif

Adam

Edit: Guess it'd help if I put a link..

Http://www.mp3.com/Largely_The_Opposite
The cymbals are way too loud, and the guitars sound like they're really far away - and slightly out of tune.

The backwards work to "Ants" is pretty cool

• Members

Check out my mp3.com site in my signature. The band site isnt bad either. The 2002 demo we just finished a couple of weeks ago. Rapture, Something Wicked and In The Black are my suggestions for folks with slow connections.

Let me know what you think.

• Members

What do you think of my stuff? smile.gif
First Kiss - Lovers' Waltz is a really beautiful piece. I can almost here some lyrics in the vien of "a long black viel" over it. I could see Hope Sandoval singing.

Hipster For A Day is interesting. I like it. I dig the beat with the chord progession and the repeated bent note. It compliments the vocal delivery. Is that you as well?

Love Is Chaos is really cool. It reminds me of a friends project from down here in texas. Once again, the beat you used is a nice contrast to the noises and the fuzzed guitar.

Interlude #1 is also very cool. I think it's my favorite. Yep, it's my favorite. I really like the theme that starts 10 seconds in and you keep going back to over what sounds like hand drums. The change at about 1:00 give it a nice groove. I think the song should be longer though. With something like that you have alot of possibilities.

What did you use for the drums?

• Members
Originally posted by dminus0

First Kiss - Lovers' Waltz is a really beautiful piece. I can almost here some lyrics in the vien of "a long black viel" over it. I could see Hope Sandoval singing.

Hipster For A Day is interesting. I like it. I dig the beat with the chord progession and the repeated bent note. It compliments the vocal delivery. Is that you as well?

Love Is Chaos is really cool. It reminds me of a friends project from down here in texas. Once again, the beat you used is a nice contrast to the noises and the fuzzed guitar.

Interlude #1 is also very cool. I think it's my favorite. Yep, it's my favorite. I really like the theme that starts 10 seconds in and you keep going back to over what sounds like hand drums. The change at about 1:00 give it a nice groove. I think the song should be longer though. With something like that you have alot of possibilities.

What did you use for the drums?
Everything is done by me, so the spoken word in "Hipster For A Day" is also me. I used a heavy reverb and tape echo patch on my effects unit to get that vocal sound.

The drums were done using a program called "Tuareg" that I got from Brambos.com - I use the FAT version, which gives you 12 channels to choose from and the ability to use plugins and the like.

My next set of songs will probably be done using ACID, which I've just started using.

• Members

All my stuff is in my sig.
let me start off by saying, there is something wrong with my sound card so everything i listen to online plays to fast. (you know, chipmunks singing.) but i did listen to all of them, and i will listen to them when i get home to hear what they really sound like. i think it sounded pretty damn cool. have you ever seen the movie Pi? i think you would love the soundtrack. it's awesome, and seems that it would be up your alley. i think the track that is really cool is called pi r2.

Archived