dude, if you f**k like you dial in your amp, you'll never have children

hcprimerib

• Members

Ever play a show with another band, and their guitarist has dialed in the worst farty tone you've ever heard? I swear I'm going to give back to the community by helping youngsters learn that diming gain an scooping mids isn't always good. I mean, we all like different sounds, but when the sounds are more percussive than musical, it's {censored}!!!! :facepalm:

/rant

• Members

A buddy's band's guitarist uses a Crate solid state head, and scoops the mids completely out. Their other guitarist boosted his mids (using a Crate SS amp too), and you could hear him very well. The other guy, well, all you could hear was undefined treble.

I told him he should run some more mids, and he got all pissed off at me...."I like the way this sounds!"

:facepalm:

• Members
I told him he should run some more mids, and he got all pissed off at me...."I like the way this sounds!"

:facepalm:

:D I remember doing this too! The sad bit was I wasn't even into metal, we were playing things like u2 and REM. The first time I played in a club with a soundguy, the dude said I should turn the mids up a bit. I said OK but then once he was gone I turned them back down because it was MY amp, MY sound and I knew how to make my gear sound good!

What a moron I am! I would have creamed myself if at the age of 17 I'd got to use the rig I've got now.:lol:

• Members

A friend's band, both guitarists have terrible sounds. One never has enough midrange, just a crap load of treble. The other one sounds like he's playing through some sort of high gain AM radio. Both of 'em are running multi-FX units through cheap {censored}ty SS half stacks, with way too much gain going on.

Basically you can never tell what the {censored} either of them are playing. Even when the rest of the band drops out and it's just one guitar playing a riff, you still can't tell what the {censored} he's playing. :facepalm:

• Members

I've posted before about my friend's band. One of the guitar players is playing a 70's Les Paul through a Marshall half stack. I think its the Marshall with the tube pre and SS power section. He has the absolute worst sound I've ever heard. And of course he has to be louder than everyone else.

But he's playing a Les Paul through a Marshall; it has to sound good :facepalm:

Archived