Gonna be a sweet NAD today

freehandarson

• Members

So what did you find the biggest differences between the two to be ?

I've just started working with the UL, but here are some differences i've noticed from playing it both at band practice and at home yesterday:

-The UL is incredibly loud, A lot louder than the CL (this is comparing to the 50/CL fyi)

-Weight wise, the UL has a huge transformer and weighs a lot more

-I've found the UL to be more tight on the lead channel. The CL's lead channel is a bit more open sounding to me (similar to the UL's rhythm channel used on high gain mode)

-I don't know if it's just with these two specific heads I have, but the UL feels like it has an extra gain stage compared to the CL. I play the heaviest of br00tz, and I turn the gain on the lead channel to 10:30-11:00

-Finally having a real clean channel is nice. However, the CL's green channel pulls it off pretty well too

-The UL has a lot more bass and punch to it

-Overall, the amps are pretty similar. The UL just feels like a 'better' version of the CL to me. It's got the same VHT tone, but it sounds bigger, clearer, tighter, and it felt like it cut through the mix more.

• Members

oh crap-- did you grab that off of CL? i think i saw that thing this week.

congrats man! ain't seen much of you round here of late!

thanks man!

nah, i actually grabbed it off of a friend. the one on CL, is my 50/CL for sale :thu:

I had already put it up for sale a couple days before buying this one, since I already knew I was going to get it this weekend.

but yea, i haven't been around here too much lately. i don't have anymore time to surf the web with my new job :cop:

the old job left me time to surf all day haha

Archived