Testament was the ultimate thrash metal band

MuyLoCo444

• Members

Damn Pete that sounds killer live. you guys are really tight, how often do you guys practice together before you go on tour?

Thanks man, We usually do 2 weeks of rehearsals before we go out on the road, plus we all try to practice on our own time as well.

• Members

listening to those old testament songs just reinforces my continual hatred of Louie Clemente. If they had a real drummer thye would have destroyed metallica and megadeth and would have been the metal standard. Their music is so {censored}ing linear with that hack behind the kit.

• Members

listening to those old testament songs just reinforces my continual hatred of Louie Clemente. If they had a real drummer thye would have destroyed metallica and megadeth and would have been the metal standard. Their music is so {censored}ing linear with that hack behind the kit.

Your analysis is incorrect. Metallica had/has Lars and they were still the biggest band. Plus they and Megadeth were among the first wave of thrash while Testament was second wave.

• Members

Your analysis is incorrect. Metallica had/has Lars and they were still the biggest band. Plus they and Megadeth were among the first wave of thrash while Testament was second wave.

yes but THe LEgacy was from 87, so they were a few years late to the party but still could have made their mark as the primier band. THe music is just way to linear and has zero dynamics.

• Members

Have you heard the re-recordings of songs from the 1st 2 albums with Tempesta (I think) on drums. First Strike Still Deadly. AWESOME., very updated.

1183631534_large.jpg

• Members

yes but THe LEgacy was from 87, so they were a few years late to the party but still could have made their mark as the primier band. THe music is just way to linear and has zero dynamics.

I still {censored}ing LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE old Testament, but there's no question that Louie was the weak link. Just watch the difference on the Live in London DVD when he takes over from Tempesta. I still enjoy it, but I'm always left wishing Tempesta had played the whole show, the difference is that drastic.

Archived