5150 and BG Pickups Hellarail clip.

riffy

• Members

5150 is mic'ed up with an SM57 close to the cap and mixed a bit lower than the Senn MD421 that is mixed off axis near the cap edge. Way different mic'ing than I normally use.

The guitar is a Les Paul with a BG Pickups Hellarail in the bridge. All of this is the Hellarail. I added delay to the lead track at mixdown.

Love to know what you guys think of this mic'ing techniques sound.

Gary

http://www.mp3lizard.com/download.cfm?id=27543

• Members

5150 is mic'ed up with an SM57 close to the cap and mixed a bit lower than the Senn MD421 that is mixed off axis near the cap edge. Way different mic'ing than I normally use.

The guitar is a Les Paul with a BG Pickups Hellarail in the bridge. All of this is the Hellarail. I added delay to the lead track at mixdown.

Love to know what you guys think of this mic'ing techniques sound.

Gary

Sounds good to me and I used to get paid to that kind of stuff...

Love those BG Pups!

• Members

Sounds awesome. And I can't wait to hear the "5150 is a can of bees" crew to chime in on this one. There's no crappy buzz at all.

Thanks my friend! I love the 5150 and I bought this one from a friend today.

I had borrowed this one before. It had blown an output tranny and it was replaced with a Drake... I doubt I could tell the difference between the two

though to tell you the truth.

I forgot, this was an oversized Recto cab with Vintage 30s in it.

Gary

• Members

Sounds good to me and I used to get paid to that kind of stuff...

Love those BG Pups!

Thanks much mang! I LOVE Bryans pickups. This is the Hellarail prototype #1

he sent me... It is a killer! I am getting ready to order a Hellarail in a 7 string

for my metal guitar... These are simply the best pickups I have EVER used!

Gary

• Members

Thanks my friend! I love the 5150 and I bought this one from a friend today.

I had borrowed this one before. It had blown an output tranny and it was replaced with a Drake... I doubt I could tell the difference between the two

though to tell you the truth.

I forgot, this was an oversized Recto cab with Vintage 30s in it.

Gary

....where did my post go???

• Members

....where did my post go???

I don't know! I was just wondering where it went as well.

Are you still diggin' the 5150 you bought? I swear, anyone that says these

things are a can of bees, simply can't dial in an amp to save their souls!

Gary

• Members

Gary

HC Legacy quirks I guess...

I honestly am still in love with my 6505+ man. I play it every day and have never been let down by the sound. It's huge, focused, modern and aggressive. The rhythm channel with crunch engaged is capable of some seriously incredible crunch tones as well. The only other amp I've liked nearly as much is the Mark IV, but I've come to like the 6505+ a bit more. BTW, I think that the Recto cabs with V30's are the perfect cabs for this amp. I use a Recto 2x12 with mine, and plan on adding a Recto 4x12 to it.

• Members

just to add my 2 cents on recto cabs with 5150's, yes, they pair up incredibly well. And one of the greatest metal tones I've heard was EMG 81, 5150 with random Fender 6l6's, two Mesa V30 2x12's. The 4x12 is good, but A/B'd the two 2x12's murdered it.

The 2x12's are a little more midrangey and the 4x12's bring the thump. That's why I'm planning on running both together.

• Members

just to add my 2 cents on recto cabs with 5150's, yes, they pair up incredibly well. And one of the greatest metal tones I've heard was EMG 81, 5150 with random Fender 6l6's, two Mesa V30 2x12's. The 4x12 is good, but A/B'd the two 2x12's murdered it.

Owning two recto cabs, I usually swear by them. But with my 5150.. I don't know. The low end gets kind of flubby. Live, I think I would probably prefer a standard size cab, not an oversized for this amp.

• Members

Hey Gary. About time you posted a new clip. This sounds great! Actually, this is your best sounding mic'ed up clip that I have heard over the years. I like the rhythm and the lead sounded great!As always the playing was top notch. The lead sounded reminiscent of Lynch. Great job!

I always like your Axe-FX clips but this may have topped it. That comment has nothing to do with the modeller vs tube amp argument (I don't car about that). Maybe it is the microphone that is doing the job.

• Members

Epic, epic, toan. Really, really impressive.

So no post EQ on the guitars? How loud did you have the amp?

Thank you so much man! No post eq on anything at all! I had the amps master set on roughly 2.5.

• Members

Gary

This..... I love the way my 6505+ sounds.

Archived