Confused !! Which one??

Utkarsh

• Members

Now ive got an option between the two amps - the Laney LV 100 and Laney LX65D...both having 65 watt RMS

considering the features, the LV100 has a 65 watt output section, independent EQ for each channel, reverb, speaker out socket, "V" scoop, and VTS tone shaping. It also features the Laney Tube Emulation Circuit and a 10 inch celestion speaker

and the LX65D has 65 Watts with DSP Effects, Stereo Jack CD/MP3 Input and Headphone Jack, 12-Inch Celestion Speaker...

I really don't care about the dsp effects in LX65D 'cuz i have a multieffects processor (Korg AX3000G)...

So the question is does the 10 inch celestion and the 12 inch make a difference in the sound?? also the one in LV100 is "Celestion Rocket 50" and the one in LX65D is "Celestion Seventy 80"...Which one is better? or which one should be preferred?

another question is about the V scoop, VTS tone shaping and the Tube Emulation Circuit...I actually have no idea about it...can anyone explain them in detail and also will it make a differnce without them as in LX65D??

and the last one- does the LV100 has a CD/MP3 input??

both have the same price range or atleast i am getting a bit discount on the LV100 ...

so which one should i go in for??

and if anyone has used both of them i would be glad if you help me choosing ...

• Members

oh wow! i was looking into these a while ago, i'd go with the 1x12, the speaker options you have for it down the road are far greater and in the end can make the thing sound like a brand new amp without putting down much cash.

i have never played the amps as nobody carries them, they're kinda rare in my parts.. but, laney always offered up good products so i don't see why they wouldn't sound good :cool:

try them out yourself, and decide for yourself!

• Members

ok ... 12 inch!

but then what about the "V" scoop, VTS tone shaping and Laney Tube Emulation Circuit..???

this might be a noob thing but i really know nothing about them...hence finding it difficult to decide..

• Members

ok ... 12 inch!

but then what about the "V" scoop, VTS tone shaping and Laney Tube Emulation Circuit..???

this might be a noob thing but i really know nothing about them...hence finding it difficult to decide..

the v scooping is probably like a shape or contour knob , but i'm not sure.. if i'm right what the knob does is shift the focus of the midrange from low mid to high mid as you turn the knob... which actually comes in handy when trying to cut through in a band mix//makes your tone nice and thick when you're playing at home alone.

• Members

the v scooping is probably like a shape or contour knob , but i'm not sure.. if i'm right what the knob does is shift the focus of the midrange from low mid to high mid as you turn the knob... which actually comes in handy when trying to cut through in a band mix//makes your tone nice and thick when you're playing at home alone.

Oh ok!

but will this make it better sounding than the LX65??

and Tube Emulation Circuit???

• Members

Oh ok!

but will this make it better sounding than the LX65??

and Tube Emulation Circuit???

i'd get the one with the v-scoop option, it will be easier to get better tones out of.

tube emulation these days is just a term companies through around to get uninformed people to buy their amps in hopes of it sounding like a tube amp. it doesn't and it won't-- it will sound like a decent amp though!

• Members

Plus the 12" Seventy 80 has 80 watts power rating and the 10" rocket 50 has 50 watts...

so i guess 12" are better??

each speakers have their advantages, if you're going to want to use this thing LIVE a 12 inch speaker is what you'll need, it'll generally sound better, more full than a single 10 inch speaker.

and like i said there are TONS of speakers you can use down the road if you feel like you need a change.. 10 inch speakers are available but not as huge a variety.. like, at all.

• Members

i'd get the one with the v-scoop option, it will be easier to get better tones out of.

tube emulation these days is just a term companies through around to get uninformed people to buy their amps in hopes of it sounding like a tube amp. it doesn't and it won't-- it will sound like a decent amp though!

well thanks!!!

but the question remains considering all the features ...WHiCH OnE??

and i doubt that the LV100 lacks a CD/MP3 input?

does that really make a difference...is this feature really very useful?

• Members

well thanks!!!

you won't ever use the cd/mp3 input, believe me. get whatever you want, both are quality products : )

• Members

well thanks!!!

Pretty much useless. At no point will you want to run a CD player through a mono amplifier with a speaker designed for the electric guitar (i.e. will make it sound like pure {censored}). I'd be like taking your stereo, disabling one speaker, and then throwing a blanket over the top of the whole thing.

• Members

Pretty much useless. At no point will you want to run a CD player through a mono amplifier with a speaker designed for the electric guitar (i.e. will make it sound like pure {censored}). I'd be like taking your stereo, disabling one speaker, and then throwing a blanket over the top of the whole thing.

well ok!!

i was just asking!!!

• Members

well ok!!

i was just asking!!!

:o

And fuck all the knobs who consider themselves too good to give any decent help with amps like this. We all had to start somewhere. Shit, up until last year I was still using the practice amp when I first started playing 10 years ago, for bedroom practice (Peavey Rage 158!). It started dying a bit though, so I replaced it with a newfangled little cheapy solid state practice amp, which actually sounds surprisingly good. I actually spend more time playing through that than I do my Axe-FX. :)

• Members

Get the one with the 12" speaker
:thu:

i guess i am going for the LV100 with the 10" one because i wont be using the dsp effects on the LX65D ...

atleast V scoop, VTS tone shaping can be preferred...also tube emulation circuit....

but still I am not clear about these features...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived