Ibanez Thermion

guitarbilly74

• Members

Billy, it's one of the worst amps I've ever dealt with. Honestly, those things are just horrible. To the point that I refuse to sell them to n00bs, who ask me to.

I hope you have a good sound man. Good luck with your tone, dude!

• Members

What kind of venue forces you to use their amps?

The Key Club apparently.

Hey Billy, are you all getting paid? We had an offer to play there but since it was short notice, we wouldn't get paid. We played in Tarzana the night before and some guy wanted us to fill a spot opening for Adler's Appetite. Is Key Club usually "pay to play?"

• Members

Knock'em dead Billy! Either with the blah Thermion tonez, or maybe you'll actually coax something decent out of it and wail for the crowd instead! :thu: Hope it goes well for you either way!(most non-musicians aren't gonna notice what WE notice guitar-wise anyway, you'll do fine! :D )

Sweet opening gig with L.A. Guns dewd, they were ironically a great opening act on the Metal Edge Fest show with Firehouse, Ratt (minus Stephen Pearcy), Dokken and Warrant here in Monroe, LA years ago haha! :D:cool:

• Members

videos?
:D

ps: the thermion is a recto/slo clone with a bit more midrange focus

I should be getting the video in a few days. :)

That amp sounds like {censored}. The band that played before us used it and the guitar sounded like an undefined pile of mud. It sucks because from what I could hear, the guy was a good player, but that amp has no clarity or definition at all.

• Members

Hate, Hate, HATED those {censored}in things. The only good part about em was the cabs. I should have bought one when they were blowing them out at my work.

yeah the cab is good. The little Marshall sounded great through it. I believe it is loaded with v30s.

• Members

The Key Club apparently.

Hey Billy, are you all getting paid? We had an offer to play there but since it was short notice, we wouldn't get paid. We played in Tarzana the night before and some guy wanted us to fill a spot opening for Adler's Appetite. Is Key Club usually "pay to play?"

for the Key Club, they keep the first 50 people you draw. If you can't draw 50, you pay the difference. We sold 87 tickets for last night and a few t-shirts so we made a little bit of money.

• Members

What kind of venue forces you to use their amps?

there are quite a few venues here in L.A. that do this... the Key Club, the Cat Club and the Viper Room are the ones that come to mind immediately. Normally they allow you to bring your own head and make them use their cab and that's totally fine. But the Key Club was actually asking me to use their head as well.

When I got there, I talked to the sound guy and he ended up letting me use the Marshall. The guy was actually really nice about and a really good sound guy, best monitor mix I have gotten in a long time and people said the FOH sound was great.

If I knew he would let me do it, I would have brought the JCA100 :( but the Marshall sounded really good too.

Archived