Marshall 1974X with Blue Alnico or Silvers?

squinty

• Members

Hi I've been experimenting with different speaker combinations with my 18 watt 1974X combo and like the idea of combining the green back (G12H) in the combo and an alnico (blue or silver) in the extension cab.

Has anyone tried this combination? ... your thoughts...

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

I'm trying to combine the G12H Mid range definition with Voxy compressed tops and punchy tight bottoms...

Cheers squinty

• Members

I agree, I love Green backs (already have a second in the extension cab).

It was more about experiment with speaker combinations much like what Matchless do in DC30 combos etc. but finding a cool mismatch...

Definitely take your point about drowning out the Green Back, thats one of the reasons I started this thread...

Thanks!

• Members
If the G12M was to become a classic,it was the G12H with its heavier magnet that really characterised the sound of rock guitar for the new breed of player that emerged in the 1960s.Listen to any Hendrix recording and the chances are you

• Members

For what it's worth, I've just put a G12h30 and a Weber Blue Dog in my ac30 and the combination is fantastic. I much prefer it to the 2 celestion blues I had before that.

I imagine the pairing would work equally well with a Marshall style amp.

• Members

For what it's worth, I've just put a G12h30 and a Weber Blue Dog in my ac30 and the combination is fantastic. I much prefer it to the 2 celestion blues I had before that.

I imagine the pairing would work equally well with a Marshall style amp.

sounds like a plan!

as could be getting both a silver and blue for the same shipping!

Archived