Hey metal production: Can we go backwards please?

thefyn

• Members
ooooh...I like the sound of that! Like a very well excecuted version of old american hardcore, with a good producer using old methods!

One of my bands is in the studio this weekend, we sound kinda like No Means No jamming with Fugazi and Napalm Death! hahaha If we could get the production sounding as big as that I'd be very happy!

Edit...Just checked their myspace and downloaded the album...wicked! And it looks from the pics that it's all P90 into JMP goodness!
:thu:

Actually, that album was likely recorded on a Japanese lawsuite Les Paul with 'Bunny' on the Headstock. Can't find any info. After that, Addison (lead guitar) pulled the neck pickup out and put in a squire single coil in a diagonal position. He told me he used a 60's Jazzmaster that the studio (Flying Blanket Studios) owned. The first EP (Power of the Wolf) didn't have Hank playing guitar, but their next two (Waste Makes Waste and Obsolete) have him playing backup, presumably on the same Jazzmaster or on his Peavey T60 with a modded Fender neck. Addy has since told me he is getting a Rio Grande Texas and BBQ pickup installed in his LP Copy.

You were correct about the JMP, though. It's a 50 watt, can't remember the exact year. Hank uses a Silverface Fender Bandmaster with the Blackface mod, through a Mesa cab that was recently stolen, along with the head.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Actually, that album was likely recorded on a Japanese lawsuite Les Paul with 'Bunny' on the Headstock. Can't find any info. After that, Addison (lead guitar) pulled the neck pickup out and put in a squire single coil in a diagonal position. He told me he used a 60's Jazzmaster that the studio (Flying Blanket Studios) owned. The first EP (Power of the Wolf) didn't have Hank playing guitar, but their next two (Waste Makes Waste and Obsolete) have him playing backup, presumably on the same Jazzmaster or on his Peavey T60 with a modded Fender neck. Addy has since told me he is getting a Rio Grande Texas and BBQ pickup installed in his LP Copy.

You were correct about the JMP, though. It's a 50 watt, can't remember the exact year. Hank uses a Silverface Fender Bandmaster with the Blackface mod, through a Mesa cab that was recently stolen, along with the head.

That Japanese LP copy was probably a Burny, not bunny.

Archived