Scotch drinkers.......

primeholy

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Here is a little bit of good info for you. IN SCOTLAND, the best selling scotch is GLENMORANGIE 10. That tells you something eight there.

I can't remember the last time I had glenmorangie. or was even offered it.

The best selling single malt in the world is the 12yo Glenfiddich, but really and honestly, I don't think you can go wrong with any half way decent malt.

Oh, and Grant's is the cheapest, nastiest stuff around... kinda like glen's vodka! But whatever floats your boat, it's all better than buckfast afterall...

• Members

lol, wut? Edit: AAARRRGHHHH!!! Now I've to dash to the shops to buy up the remaining stock!

Good luck! I've tried finding some in the past month and struck out. I think the last bottle I had, which I bought about 6 mo. ago and finished a couple months back was one of the last ones available anywhere.

In terms of how to drink single-malts, I usually put a drop or two of water in it. I'm not a fan of ice, because ice tends to have other aromas in it. But just a touch of water tends to open up the flavor IME.

BTW the term "rocks" comes from actually using chilled cubes of granite, so that the booze isn't diluted.

• Members

beware, whisky can make some folk go ape{censored}e violent

most folk are ok with it but the odd person can wreck a house after a few halves of scotch,more so than any other drink

a friend of mine (in his 60s) cant touch the stuff because he wants to fight everyone in the bar,says he's allergic to it:facepalm:it's an odd statement but somehow true

enjoy:wave:

• Members

Good luck! I've tried finding some in the past month and struck out. I think the last bottle I had, which I bought about 6 mo. ago and finished a couple months back was one of the last ones available anywhere.

Strachan's in Aboyne will have a bottle, I've no doubt.

• Members

In terms of how to drink single-malts, I usually put a drop or two of water in it. I'm not a fan of ice, because ice tends to have other aromas in it. But just a touch of water tends to open up the flavor IME.

BTW the term "rocks" comes from actually using chilled cubes of granite, so that the booze isn't diluted.

I think he has a better shot than you, seeing as he could *drive* to the distillery and ask for some :lol:

• Members

The best selling single malt in the world is the 12yo Glenfiddich, but really and honestly, I don't think you can go wrong with any half way decent malt.

Oh, and Grant's is the cheapest, nastiest stuff around... kinda like glen's vodka! But whatever floats your boat, it's all better than buckfast afterall...

But there ya go. It's all about personal preference. I love Grant's. I find it smooth and really love the flavor. I like Ballantine's too which is even cheaper than Grant's. Teacher's on the other hand is vomitous.

Goddammit, all this talk of scotch, and I gotta go pour myself a glass.

• Members

I repeat, the best selling single malt scotch in Scotland is Glenmorangie, original bottling 10 year old.

• Members

I repeat, the best selling single malt scotch in Scotland is Glenmorangie, original bottling 10 year old.

...and the best selling beer in America is Budweiser. What's your point. :poke: Just messing with you, but yeah... Just because something sells doesn't mean it's good. Music is another example. ha.

• Members

...and the best selling beer in America is Budweiser. What's your point. :poke: Just messing with you, but yeah... Just because something sells doesn't mean it's good. Music is another example. ha.

What it means, is that in the land where Scotch was created, the people who know it best, buy Glenmorangie original 10 year, more than any other scotch there is. Thats what it means. Glenmorangie 10 year is simply the most complex single malt available at such a young age.

• Members

To the OP... the trick is to not give up after your first taste. Drink small amounts of it regularly over time and you'll start to acquire a taste for it.

As for the drinking, inhale fumes as you tip the glass back, then once you have some inside your mouth roll it around so that it coats your toung, then swallow.

Experiment with adding different amounts of water until you find the mix that you prefer. Also, feel free to mix it with whatever you want. It'll drive purists up the wall but {censored} them... it's your whisky, drink it however you like to drink it (although I wouldn't go adding $100 scotch to coke....)

Connoisseurs will suggest using a tulip shaped glass rather than a standard tumbler. The reason being is that the tulip shape holds in more fragrance. Hard-core types will have a proper scotch glass...

• Members

What it means, is that in the land where Scotch was created, the people who know it best, buy Glenmorangie original 10 year, more than any other scotch there is. Thats what it means. Glenmorangie 10 year is simply the most complex single malt available at such a young age.

Or it means that they're a bunch of cheap bastards who don't want to waste good money on the expensive {censored} when they're drinking it to get pissed, but don't want to go so cheap as have trouble choking down the first couple of shots.

• Members

It may well be true, but you've got to remember, we're very mean round here... why pay

• Members

Or it means that they're a bunch of cheap bastards who don't want to waste good money on the expensive {censored} when they're drinking it to get pissed, but don't want to go so cheap as have trouble choking down the first couple of shots.

Apparently you've never had Glenmorangie have you??????????

• Members

Im currently working on a bottle of Glenfarclas 12 year, nice sweet highland malt, great after dinner drink with a couple of big chunks of dark chocolate.

Im saving my bottle of Highland Park 12 for as long as I can, but its hard, I crave it ALOT.

Couple of weeks ago I had a few drams of Aberlour A'bunadh, 59.7% alkyhol, in the neighborhood of 120 proof, brutally good. I tried NOT to cut it too much with water to get the full effect. When I finished the glass, my lips and cheeks and gums were actually numb, it was awesome!!!! :)

Archived