Cheapest place to buy CTS pots and other electronics?

LookingForDD20

• Members

For the CTS POTS try http://www.tubesandmore.com

They provide quick shipping and are great to deal with and have the most common CTS pots for guitars priced around $2.95 each. They also have the capcitors you seek as well for great prices. They don't have shielding tape though. They also have the 5 way switch as well for about $7.75

Try here for the shielding tape

http://www.guitarelectronics.com/category/20electronicparts.7wireshielding/

• Members

Question about the Orange Drop caps from tubesandmore.com:

What's the difference between the 715P, 716P, and PS series? I'm looking to get one for a strat. Which voltage and which series should I choose? :confused:

EDIT: Nevermind. I figured out the differences.

What I'd like to know now is if the CTS pots are of good quality from tubesandmore.com? They don't have a brass shaft, and don't look the same as the CTS pots on guitarelectronics.com, for example.

• Members

Originally posted by LookingForDD20

What's the difference between the 715P, 716P, and PS series? I'm looking to get one for a strat. Which voltage and which series should I choose?
:confused:

What I'd like to know now is if the CTS pots are of good quality from tubesandmore.com? They don't have a brass shaft, and don't look the same as the CTS pots on guitarelectronics.com, for example.

So what ARE the difference in these caps?

• Members

Originally posted by -=Pennywise=-

So what ARE the difference in these caps?

Well, I don't know all of the distinctions, but the 716s are the only ones available in 400v and are supposedly the "high performance version of the 715p series", and the PS series have 1600v versions.

The 715s have tighter tolerances than the 716s, though. I wonder if the 716s are smaller or what exactly qualifies them as "higher performance." Anyone else know?

At any rate, I'm more concerned about the CTS pots from tubesandmore.com. Check out the differences:

From tubesandmore.com

R-VC500KA.GIF

From guitarelectronics.com

cpc500t

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Those are both good questions. I was wondering that myself. What are the differences between the Orange Drop caps? And why do the CTS pots from tubesandmore.com look to be lower quality than others?

Well, I don't know all of the distinctions, but the 716s are the only ones available in 400v and are supposedly the "high performance version of the 715p series", and the PS series have 1600v versions.

The 715s have tighter tolerances than the 716s, though. I wonder if the 716s are smaller or what exactly qualifies them as "higher performance." Anyone else know?

At any rate, I'm more concerned about the CTS pots from tubesandmore.com. Check out the differences:

From tubesandmore.com

R-VC500KA.GIF

cpc500t

• Members

I think I would stay away from the pots (CST) that have the plastic stem. MO.

Alpha makes good pots. They have a little longer mounting stems (the threaded part). They also can be had in the linear (usually used for tone) or the logrithmic (used for volume). If there is a quanitative difference between linear and logrithmic, I don't know.

• Members

From tubesandmore.com

R-VC500KA.GIF

cpc500t

The nylon shaft pots are used in many amps. I think they just use the same picture for all the pots as the description in the guitar section is for the knurled shaft.

You could always email them and ask for clarification since the website isn't clear.

• 1 year later...
  • Members

Why not just get them from your local shop? My local shop buys in baulk, and passes that savings on, I get pots for $3.50 each. No shipping and no delay in getting back up and running. He also stocks all kinds and sizes of caps.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

What's the difference between the 715P, 716P, and PS series? I'm looking to get one for a strat. Which voltage and which series should I choose?
:confused:

Glad you asked. Do not get the pots with plastic shafts. Other places sell CTS pots with metal shafts. Make sure you get the metal shaft with a slit in the middle. If you get the solid shaft you will have to buy knobs with set screws for them.

I tried the plastic shaft and it just irratated me to no end by the flexing when turning the knob.

Guitarelectronics.com is a very good source with quality components.

I like Antique Electronics but that is the one item I will not buy from them.

Archived