OT: Sleep Deprivation

SnowStorm

• Members

Eat lots of vegetables and fruit, and take a big crap. Save any high carb stuff (potatoes, grains, beans) for the morning. And drink lots of water. No dairy. Take vitamins.

I eat the paleolithic diet, and stick to it just for the sleep. I get 10 hours a night, and feel great all the time. Never felt better.

• Members

Please -- anyone considering going the route of "supplements", be it melatonin, zopiclone, imovane et al -- do it under a doc's supervision. After being on zopiclone for a year I became an empty, suicidal shell. Sure I slept, but no rem sleep, which had horrible long term, debilitating effects, couldn't count my nuts twice and get the same answer. The only things I do now if I can't sleep are read | meditate | fap, in reverse order of preference.

• Members
It kind of sounds like you're doing it wrong.
:confused:

If you climax, you should, theoretically, be relaxed and ready to sleep.

Do you push it to the limit?

Self-flagellation while fapping counteracts the "happy sleep" chemicals released from....release...

Dude, it might be what gets ya off, but seriously, it ain't good for ya!

• Members

I popped a Benadryl last night and it works but I always feel like {censored} when I wake up from those things. I like the natural way of just eating good foods and chamomile tea works good. Hard to get to sleep sometimes when you got {censored} on your mind. That's the hard part. I guess you just have to relax and let go of {censored}.

• Members

two Advil PM and what I like to call a "coma day".

Phone off, computer off, blanket over the window if your blinds aren't dark enough and literally sleep through an entire day. That gets me through a couple weeks or more at a time.

• Members

two Advil PM and what I like to call a "coma day".

Phone off, computer off, blanket over the window if your blinds aren't dark enough and literally sleep through an entire day. That gets me through a couple weeks or more at a time.

I do this sometimes. I'll sleep through a day to get caught up. It's good.

• Members

I was in the workforce over 20 years, suffered from alcohol/drug addition & sleep problems, was diagnosed with apnea about a year ago.

My sleep study determined that for every 5 hours i was in bed i had less than 1 hour of measured sleep.

I seldom spent more than 4 to 5 hours in bed, so for the 20 years i worked construction and some other tough physical jobs, alot, more than 12 hour days, i basically did it on 1 to 2 hours of sleep.

Archived