BBE Sonic Maximizer

Nazgul6

• Members

I remember when these came out eveyone was talking about them and now I don't hear much.

Are they worth it? Do any of you still have this pedasl or rack unit in their rig? Is it worth it or is it just really an eq pedal?

Thanks,

Mike

I owned an 882i...took it back.

I was gifted a Sonic Stomp...never used it.

From what I remember, it's supposed to correct the timing of frequencies so that you hear the bass and treble at the same exact moment (instead of hearing treble first and the bloated bass rolling in after it).

I have used the 882i with marginal results. It didn't seem to make a "dry" amp sound much better, but if you get a chance to run your stereo through one, it makes a HUGE difference.

• Members

I owned an 882i...took it back.

I was gifted a Sonic Stomp...never used it.

From what I remember, it's supposed to correct the timing of frequencies so that you hear the bass and treble at the same exact moment (instead of hearing treble first and the bloated bass rolling in after it).

I have used the 882i with marginal results. It didn't seem to make a "dry" amp sound much better, but if you get a chance to run your stereo through one, it makes a HUGE difference.

And that is part of the bull{censored} with it. My horn drivers are about 8" farther back than my mids, my subs are about 3" farther back than my mids. It has no adjustment for that. My big pa has a 9' delay between subs and mids. It doesn't know. Aa good, well tuned pa is only harmed by a sonic maximizer.

• Members

It totally depends on the amp. If you have an amp with excessive mids or a boxy tone, it's great. If your amp already sounds really good as is, it probably won't improve it much and possibly hurt the tone. Try and see how you like it.

This.

Made a Crate BV120 somewhat tolerable. On a good amp don't bother...

Archived