Blues Junior good enough?

radomu

• Members

Dude, have you ever been to Japan it is not the same as the states.

I understand his want of the blues Jr for weight as it is a big deal when getting around on the busy Tokyo metro.

I also understand his frustration for finding the right amp unless you know where to look it can be quite hard finding amps there, also they are a lot more expensive than the states due to import fee's.

Rehearsal studios don't always have the space to store your gear for you.

FYI he only said he was lugging the amp on a public transportation system AFTER the post you quoted me on:cop:

obviously that makes a HUGE difference.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Dude, have you ever been to Japan it is not the same as the states.

I understand his want of the blues Jr for weight as it is a big deal when getting around on the busy Tokyo metro.

I also understand his frustration for finding the right amp unless you know where to look it can be quite hard finding amps there, also they are a lot more expensive than the states due to import fee's.

Rehearsal studios don't always have the space to store your gear for you.[/quote]

I know that. anyone knows that. I was simply asking him if it was an option.

• Members

FYI he only said he was lugging the amp on a public transportation system AFTER the post you quoted me on:cop:

obviously that makes a HUGE difference.

It was my reaction to calling him a troll, I think you find English is his 2nd language and doesn't communicate his emotions as well (but still I think he is doing well as its very hard).

• Members

I don't understand the no love of the Blues JR. I really dig mine. Use a Mosferatu and an AC Booster in front and it's like having a three channel amp. Great pedal platform. Can the cabinet and original speaker sound boxy? Sure but it is usable. Great cheap small combo. I use it at practice all the time. The other guitarist is using a 5150 iii with a 4 x 12 and I cut through and kinda keep up. I mean come on 15w versus 120w. But it ain't that bad. Been around forever they must be doing something right.

• Members

I don't understand the no love of the Blues JR. I really dig mine. Use a Mosferatu and an AC Booster in front and it's like having a three channel amp. Great pedal platform. Can the cabinet and original speaker sound boxy? Sure but it is usable. Great cheap small combo. I use it at practice all the time. The other guitarist is using a 5150 iii with a 4 x 12 and I cut through and
kinda keep up
. I mean come on 15w versus 120w. But it ain't that bad. Been around forever they must be doing something right.

I'm glad you are happy with your amp. in the end, that's what it's all about, right?

• Members
I'd wait till you get to the uk to buy an amp then.. Would be a lot less hassle...

It's far more affordable and reliable, I find, if I buy it in Japan.

and read some of the reviews. i cant overstate how nice and versatile of an amp it is. yes, it's really portable as well. awesome cleans, pedal-friendly, good overdrive, reliable as f#$k.

just one question............why don't you practice at home with your roland microcube thingy and keep a larger amp at your practice/jam space? or do you always practice and/or gig different places?

Well the Peavey 30, which seems large enough for me (the 50 is MASSIVE, 30 kg), and this:
peavey_classic30112_2.jpg
I know the 50 watts has a master volume, but the 30 had a "pre" right next to the volume, which also raises the dirth.

Practice/jam space? The state of real estate (no pun intended) cannot be simplified here in Tokyo. I have no such space.

Archived