Just want to introduce myself

Ian Egnater

• Members

I seriously think the, "hello, I want to introdu...." threads are a horrible start.

I mean, can you scream "I'm in over my head/vulnerable" in any more of an attention grabbing way?

It's like going to prison for the first time whistling the theme from The Flinstones. Just put a sign that says, "pound my virgin anoos, please"

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Another welcome. Personally I think it took a lot of testicular fortitude to introduce yourself that way, because this forum really is full of bumbs & reprobates.

I'll be honest: I've seen a few concerns about the reliability of your products.

(Damaged in shipping, probably.)

But the people here would complain if they were hung with a used rope.

• Members

hey Ian,
welcome to this herd of cunts.
We are generally a very pro-Egnater crowd here. Although I have yet to find a personal application for any of your products, every time I plug into one of them, they sound fantastic!

If you can keep up with
this spurious crowd of donkey fellating {censored} disturbers
, you'll do wonders for your public profile...not that you fellows need it
:thu:

-Curtis

:lol::eek::lol:

• Members

I'm not that big on the whole "two channel" thing. First of all it adds cost to the head. Second, it usually adds tubes so the head is more expensive to maintain. Third, I have all these pedals anyway. Fourth...I really don't have that much call to go from sparkling clean to crunch in a song for what I do...and if I did I'm happy a pedal would cover it.

I think it WOULD be cool if Egnator made a 20 watt uber class A head that used four 6V6 tubes to achieve it like an Allesandro amp. I'd jump on something like that. But I think it needs a more complicated OT to achieve the ultralinear response.

• Members

Welcome Ian. Egnater amps sound great. I played the Renegade and it sounded really good. I liked the amp a lot. I've read about a few reliability issues unfortunately but maybe those were a few bad seeds. I'd like to see the durability of these amps a little more before I buy one. The Renegade is at the top of my list though if were to get another amp. Very impressed and a great designed amp.

• Members

Welcome, hope you like your stay. Many have come, few have stayed. Not saying it can't happen, JamesPeters being the prime example. A font of knowledge, doesn't blatantly spam the place, and is a general all around great guy.

Just come in knowing we're a rough, but lovable group (in a like your {censored}ed up but cool uncle that gets too loaded, calls people out, and is dancing on the table at the end of the night with a wig on and his plumbers crack showing type of way).

• Members

Welcome.

Haven't owned any Eggies, but some nice products you guys put out.

It's been said already, but put on your flame suit, HCAF can be brutal.

But, as long as you're responsive to members and your actions are generally well received, you should have no problems.

Refer to Seattle Doug if you want to know how to succeed around these parts.

Good luck!

Archived