Peavey amp guys lend me your knowledge...Classic Series

colejustesen

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What the {censored} is this guy talking about with Peavey Classic not being two channel amps? The C30 has two channels, period. One being clean and one being dirt. I have no idea what the {censored} people are saying about it not being 2 channels. I gigged with a C30 for a while. You can toggle the channel, along with reverb, with a footswitch. Here's the deal. You're gonna get great clean and mild rock tones. Not a pristine fender clean sound, and not a thick juicy Metallica dirty tone, but good enough. Trust me, if you're looking for a gigging amp on a budget, you're gonna love a Peavey Classic. I just don't know what the {censored} people are saying about it not having 2 channels. It clearly has a clean and a dirt channel.

do your {censored}ing research you {censored}ing noob.

dont act like you know {censored} when you are in fact ignorant

thanks.

:thu:

• Members
do your {censored}ing research you {censored}ing noob.

dont act like you know {censored} when you are in fact ignorant

thanks.

:thu:

In a simple mans world, it has a foot switch that changes from a clean to dirty with separate gain pots. who cares about the logistics of how the amp is wired, plays like a 2 channel amp, then i can be sold as a 2 channel amp.

• Members

50 watts (rms) into 16 or 8 ohms
Fan cooled
Four EL84s and three 12AX7s
2-channel preamp
Normal and bright inputs
Pre- and post-gain controls on lead channel
Active presence control
3-band passive EQ (bass, middle, treble)
Master volume control
Standby switch
Reverb level control
Effects loop
External speaker capability
Footswitch selectable channel switching and reverb
Classic tweed covering
Chrome-plated chassis
Cover available
Weight Unpacked: 59.60 lb(27.034 kg)
Weight Packed: 69.00 lb(31.298 kg)
Width Packed: 12.62"(32.0548 cm)
Depth Packed: 27.62"(70.1548 cm)
Height Packed: 21.5"(54.61 cm)

• Members

FROM THE BLUEGUITAR WEBSITE FOR ALL YOU STUPID "KNOW IT ALLS"

especially you "wkrantz7"

You could have been a little nicer and said, "gee is groovetube mistaken, or something like that" but no you stuck your nose in the thread with the whole "what the {censored} is this guy talking about?" comment

well, as a Peavey Classic 50 owner for nearly twenty years, I KINDA DO KNOW WHAT THE {censored} IM TALKING ABOUT.

here ya go asshat...........

the below quote is written by a well respected amp tech.

The C50 isn't a true 2 channel amp; the channel select switch adds in the 2 additional gain stages of V2, between the initial and final preamp stages of V1. V3 uses both stages for the driver circuit before the 4 EL84 output tubes

how do you like them apples, bitch?

• Members

So a well respected amp tech who eats, breaths and {censored}s wiring diagrams has figured out that its not by his definition, a 2 channel amp. so what....

well, it proves that all of you peeons who made fun of me, questioned my knowledge, and swore at me, ARE WRONG.

I love my amp, hence owning it for 18-19 years or so. But at least i know what the {censored} im talking about. I would respect you if you were one of the guys who made fun of my statement (that it's not a true 2 channel amp) and realized you were wrong. IT'S OK TO BE WRONG SOMETIMES. It's ok to learn stuff.

The guy who called me out and said "what the {censored} is this guy talking about??" was rude and, if it matters, WRONG.

He could have questioned my statement, but he chose to be a dickhead and try and make me look like a noob.

unfortunately, he is now discredited and fails to appear in this thread due to sheer embarassment and ignorance. GOOD LUCK TO THAT P.O.S. :facepalm:

• Members

What the {censored} is this guy talking about with Peavey Classic not being two channel amps?
The C30 has two channels, period. One being clean and one being dirt. I have no idea what the {censored} people are saying about it not being 2 channels. I gigged with a C30 for a while. You can toggle the channel, along with reverb, with a footswitch. Here's the deal. You're gonna get great clean and mild rock tones. Not a pristine fender clean sound, and not a thick juicy Metallica dirty tone, but good enough. Trust me, if you're looking for a gigging amp on a budget, you're gonna love a Peavey Classic. I just don't know what the {censored} people are saying about it not having 2 channels. It clearly has a clean and a dirt channel.

where are ya' now buddy? Lemme guess, you're a busy amp tech and your main clients are on tour right now so you're keeping up with their business????????

STFU.

If you are so arrogant as to write a stinging post like that, you better BE SURE your info is spot-on..........................oh but it isn't. :facepalm:

I'll be waiting for an apology via PM in the next day or so mother{censored}er.

• Members

The problem is that someone said the 50 was 2 channel and the 30 wasn't. They are the same in that regard, not different. And my 30 has a speaker out that does not disable the internal speaker. I somtimes play it with the matching 1x12 cabinet at the same time and it sounds huge.Whatever they are they are great amps period.

• Members

The problem is that someone said the 50 was 2 channel and the 30 wasn't
. They are the same in that regard, not different. And my 30 has a speaker out that does not disable the internal speaker. I somtimes play it with the matching 1x12 cabinet at the same time and it sounds huge.Whatever they are they are great amps period.

I don't know who said that, nor do i have the time to read the entire thread ATM. One thing I particularly like about my amp vs the C30 (other than the fact that I have an additional 12" speaker) is that it has a standby switch, which IMO greatly enhances tube longevity. It has a cooling fan, and has tube protection, and is a really good amp.

• Members
well, it proves that all of you peeons who made fun of me, questioned my knowledge, and swore at me, ARE WRONG.

I love my amp, hence owning it for 18-19 years or so. But at least i know what the {censored} im talking about. I would respect you if you were one of the guys who made fun of my statement (that it's not a true 2 channel amp) and realized you were wrong. IT'S OK TO BE WRONG SOMETIMES. It's ok to learn stuff.

The guy who called me out and said "what the {censored} is this guy talking about??" was rude and, if it matters, WRONG.

He could have questioned my statement, but he chose to be a dickhead and try and make me look like a noob.

unfortunately, he is now discredited and fails to appear in this thread due to sheer embarassment and ignorance. GOOD LUCK TO THAT P.O.S.
:facepalm:

We are only stating that the amp is a 2 channel amp, not making fun of you. Peavey advertise it as a 2 channel amp, you and the amp tech are the only 2 who think otherwise here.

I have owned the amp for 1/3 what you have but that means dick as far as im concerned. Its ok to be wrong sometimes though mate :wave:

• Members

We are only stating that the amp is a 2 channel amp, not making fun of you. Peavey advertise it as a 2 channel amp, you and the amp tech are the only 2 who think otherwise here.

I have owned the amp for 1/3 what you have but that means dick as far as im concerned.
Its ok to be wrong sometimes though mate
:wave:

LOL I know. Technically it's a 1 channel amp. In common usage (like when we play it) we feel like its two channels 'cause they sound very different and all that. I mean, you switch a toggle switch and you get a different sound, so it feels like 2 channels, right? I know, it does to me too!

but it is not a TRUE 2 channel amp. I say that, and I mean nothing negative at all towards the amp. I f#$king own one, for christ's sake.

Maybe every time you adjust the post/pre knobs you get a 3rd and 4th channel? IDK??????????? whatever you wanna believe I guess.....:facepalm:

• Members
LOL I know. Technically it's a 1 channel amp. In common usage (like when we play it) we feel like its two channels 'cause they sound very different and all that. I mean, you switch a toggle switch and you get a different sound, so it feels like 2 channels, right? I know, it does to me too!

but it is not a TRUE 2 channel amp. I say that, and I mean nothing negative at all towards the amp. I f#$king own one, for christ's sake.

Maybe every time you adjust the post/pre knobs you get a 3rd and 4th channel? IDK??????????? whatever you wanna believe I guess.....

Are you trolling?

• Members
are you a mod?

if so, then you are right and i am wrong. disagreeing with mods = bannable in this forum

Thats funny, i have disagreed with mods on many threads, but sadly i have left out the insults and kept on topic with an agenda of gaining knowledge, hence i didn't get banned.:facepalm:

• Members
Thats funny, i have disagreed with mods on many threads, but sadly i have left out the insults and kept on topic with an agenda of gaining knowledge, hence i didn't get banned.

you are making a lot of inferences, guy.

i'm not going to get into it with you man, but that guy has a point............some mods will ban someone for a disagreement.

perhaps you havent had that happen, and thats cool, but if you think youre somehow special or immune..............................good luck with that logic:thu:

• Members

you are making a lot of inferences, guy.

i'm not going to get into it with you man, but that guy has a point............some mods will ban someone for a disagreement.

perhaps you havent had that happen, and thats cool, but if you think youre somehow special or immune..............................good luck with that logic:thu:

Look at how he is insulting everyone............

I usually dont argue with dickheads but he is wrong and misleading people who may be genuine in their researching a particular amp.

Archived