NAD: Splawn Nitro - KT88

mhenson42

• Members

Well after my wife missing the delivery yesterday, I went to Fed Ex and pick-up my new toy... This is my second go around with the Nitro. The first one had el34s/KT77s. This one has the KT88s. Initial impressions are good. I'm loving the tightness and thump of the low-end. I'll post more thoughts after I spend some time with it this weekend.

For now, here's a pic...

PA210002.jpg

• Members

try this setting with a boost, with your cab and speakers it should sound decent.

i run mine in full power with the loop volume off.

treb- 1:00

mid- 12:00

bass- 12:45

pres- 1:30

gain- 1:30

res- 9:00

I know you love alot of bass and you might have to add some more but this is similar to what me and a few other guys run. i dont use as much bass as some people around here, i tend to like things that cut more and are tighter.

• Members

try this setting with a boost, with your cab and speakers it should sound decent.

i run mine in full power with the loop volume off.

treb- 1:00

mid- 12:00

bass- 12:45

pres- 1:30

gain- 1:30

res- 9:00

I know you love alot of bass and you might have to add some more but this is similar to what me and a few other guys run. i dont use as much bass as some people around here, i tend to like things that cut more and are tighter.

I just got a new one w/ KT88's a few weeks ago and these settings are similar to what I use except I like a little more bass and I use the loop vol. :cool:

• Members

HNAD! Looks awesome, i'd love to try one some day

I know this might be a dumb question, but my experience with splawn is very limited... How do the nitros with kt88's sound for stuff like In Flames or maybe even Black Dahlia murder? Also, does anyone know how it compares to a blackmore? :wave:

• Members

Its a different beast than a blackmore, i sold a blackmore to buy the nitro.

Its so much bigger and thicker sounding than the bm and more punchy.

Ah that's quite interesting actually, i love my BM but the one thing i want to change about is that i want it to be more punchy/thick

• Members

Thanks guys. Dibs by any of you MFers is not necessary as the amp ain't goin' nowhere.:cool:

It's hard to reconcile a new amp day that coincides with the same day as your 15 year wedding anniversary. Didn't get much time to play before having to put time in with the wife.:lol:

I'd say I'm pretty pleased with this amp. Super tight with lots of punch and clarity. Has a nice snarl to it compared to my Bogners. Very aggressive sounding with tons of low-end which I love.:love:

For you settings guys, here's what I like....

T - 12:15

M - 11:00

B - 1:30

P - 12:00

G - 12:30 OD 1

Res - 10:30

BB Pre amp boost - Gain a zero, volume at 50%

Near perfection IMO. Of course that's the honeymoon talking, but I'm getting along with alot better than the old Nitro I had. I'm gonna mess with some pre amp tubes this weekend and see what that does. Maybe try a different cab as well. I'm using my Mills with v30/GK100

• Members

I like the cosmetics on this one .

Not much different from my previous nitro, I like a basic look, nothing to crazy. :lol:

Interesting from this old pics, it doesn't appear that the settings I like now are much different that what I used back then.

P1290013.jpg

Archived